6 Items You Need for a Night Out…and the Morning After

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Let’s turn down for what! But first we have to make sure we are prepared for everything that might happen that night. Here are some items you might want in your one-night stand kit. It will definitely come in handy then, and later!

1. Protection

This is probably the most improtant thing to remember. You don’t want to get in the heat of the moment and find out neither of you have protection. What a mood killer!

2. An extra pair of underwear

Bring an extra pair of comfy underwear folded up in your bag, because the sexy underwear you wore last night has been through a lot. You don’t want to wake up in the morning with the stink from last night. Trust me, bring the underwear.

3. Baby wipes 

You can freshen up all of your nooks and crannies after the dirty deed with these. You can also use baby wipes to take off your old make-up.  

4. Disposable tooth brush

These are so much easier than carrying a travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste. Slip into the bathroom and for a quick brush-up in the morning. If you’re feeling generous, give one to your partner. Then you’ll both be happy to talk to each other without the nasty morning breath.

5. Hair ties

Your hair will look like a hot mess afterwards. Put up your hair to avoid the mess. You can find some cute, inexpensive yoga hair ties on Etsy.   

6.  Foldable flats

Every girl loves going to a club all dressed up in heels — they make you feel tall, sexy and confident. But do you really want to trek home in last night’s heels? Bringing some foldable flats or sandals will save your feet when you have to leave in the morning. You can find some at Walmart for under $20!

Don’t forget….

Casey is a Senior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying broadcast journalism with a minor in general business.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!