This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I recently celebrated my 20th birthday, one that I greeted with lots of apprehension and mixed feelings. My teen years were over; never again would I celebrate a birthday that ended in “teen” and my fabled twenties had begun. I knew that this decade held the most changes I would ever experience—college graduation, my first “big girl” job, relocating away from my family and being wholly independent. This birthday was a big one, to say the least, so I decided to record some of the apprehension that I’ve been feeling towards this new decade of mine.

Here are my thoughts on now being 20 — wow, that still sounds weird.

1) I’m never going to be a teenager again.

2) This is the decade I need to be like a real adult…

3) One more year til I’m legal HAYYYYY

4) Are there any actual good parts of being 20, besides getting a new license picture?

5) If I don’t act like I’m 20, do I have to actually be 20?

6) I definitely thought my life would magically come together. I’m disappointed.

7) Is this when I should start getting my life together?

8) I actually do feel older. Weird.

9) I’m really never going to be a teenager again?!?!

10) Twenty. How odd.

11) When does the fun of being an adult set in?

12) I may not be ready… but I guess my twenties are ready for me. 

Image sources: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!