11 Mid-Semester Survival Essentials from Her Campus

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

While the beginning of the semester entails warm weather and an easy transition back into college life, the middle of the semester is not so forgiving. As Fall comes into full effect, and midterm season begins, collegiettes are often overwhelmed with the full load of classes, work, organizations and maintaining personal health and beauty — luckily, Her Campus’ survival kit equips collegiettes with brands that aid the burden of the mid-semester blues. This semester, we’re #GettingBackGivingBack and encouraging collegiettes to give back to your campus and its surrounding community. Do you know about these essentials yet?

1. TreSemme’s Perfectly (un)Done Collection

For the busiest of collegiettes who simply do not have the time to work a flat iron through their bed head in the mornings, the Perfectly (un)Done Collection calls for flawless beach waves in minutes – trade in your messy-bun mornings for hair that is perfectly undone. 

2. Chipotle

As if any college survival kit was complete without Chipotle — your favorite Mexican grill is a must for any collegiette looking for a quick, tasty and affordable food option. Love Chipotle as much as we do? Make sure to follow Her Campus VCU on our social channels to learn how to win buy-one, get-one free Chipotle gift cards among other goodies during our giveaways!

3. Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetner

Have your healthiest semester yet by adding Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener to your usual morning coffee order. Zing™ is a victory for sugar substitute shoppers who want perfectly sweet products made with only real ingredients—nothing artificial. Make a smart choice with the delicious sweetening experience of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener and 5 per serving Calorie Zing™ Baking Blend made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar.

4. NYC New York Color City Proof Eye Shadow

New York Color embodies the spontaneous and unexpected energy of New York. The City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow is a chubby, waterproof eyeshadow that delivers vibrant color for up to 24HR wear! In eleven on-trend shades perfect for any look, just twist, glide and go!

5. My Social Canvas

My Social Canvas is a New York City-based social enterprise fashion brand that involves students and emerging designers in creating apparel collections for a cause.

We love getting the student community excited to participate in the design of amazing products that make a difference. My Social Canvas has recently partnered with Dayle Haddon’s non-profit WomenOne, Whole Foods Market and the Whole Planet Foundation, and Lionsgate Film Studio’s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1.

Most recently #Design4HerEducation included a panel of high profile judges in fashion, entertainment, and philanthropy, including Christy Turlington Burns, supermodel and Founder of Every Mother Counts, fashion icon and UNICEF Ambassador, Dayle Haddon, Desiree Gruber, Producer for the hit show Project Runway, Anne Fulenwider, Editor in Chief of Marie Claire Magazine, and Erin Flaherty Beauty & Health Director of Marie Claire, Gossip Girl actress and women’s advocate Kelly Rutherford, and fashion designer Catherine Malandrino.

6. MZ Wallace’s Chelsea Tote Bag

MZ Wallace is a design company launched by two native New Yorkers who created an accessory collection that combined functional luxury with distinctive design for women who lead a dynamic lifestyle. Made for the collegiette who tries to balance work, travel, gym, beach, shopping and life.

The Chelsea Tote is made of Bedford: a light, soft and durable nylon made exclusively for MZ Wallace. The Chelsea Tote is the perfect everyday bag to get you around your campus. The leather handles have a drop long enough to fit comfortably over your shoulder, or you can use the detachable nylon cross-body strap for hands-free ease. It can fit all of your college essentials including your laptop, books, gym gear, etc. Smaller items can be stored and easily accessed in the front zip pocket, three interior pockets or even the interior cosmetic pouch.

7. Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter Glue and Paint

Are you a DIY master? Martha Stewart Crafts has thought of just about everything you’ll need to create your favorite dorm room projects. From party decorations to dorm room flair, Martha Stewart Crafts tools and project ideas have you covered. Find products like paper crafting tools, punches, paints and more to make your beautiful creations.

8. We Were Liars, and Every Day

Need some productive procrastination? How about picking up a book that’s not a textbook for a change? We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. Read it. And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

In Every Day readers meet A, a teen who wakes up every morning in a different body, living a different life. It’s all fine until A meets Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone to love — day in, day out, day after day. Every Day is a New York Times bestseller by author David Levithan.

9. The No Ceilings 30 Day Challenge

The Full Participation Project: No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation that works to advance and inspire the full participation of girls and women in the 21st century. While we have seen significant progress in the last 20 years, we are not there yet when it comes to gender equality in the U.S. or around the world. Yet, everyone can make a difference and help us “get there” together. By taking small, meaningful actions that promote full participation in your daily life – like those in the #NoCeilings 30-Day Challenge – you can help yourself, your friends and your community on the path to full participation.

10. She’s The First Stickers & Tie-Dye Cupcake Bake-Off Postcards

Looking to take on a service project this semester? Get involved with She’s the First, an organization which provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries, fostering first-generation graduates and cultivating the next generation of global leaders.

The organization focuses on adolescent girls in secondary (high) school and on quality education, including a support system like mentors, tutors, and extracurriculars that teach them life skills and leadership; 100% of what you raise and donate to the scholarship fund goes directly to the girls at our partner schools.​ The organization fundraises separately for our other programs and operating needs. They currently sponsor 529 girls to date in 10 countries!​

11. Her Campus Pennants

For simple yet adorable dorm room decor, Her Campus has pennants to show off your #hcxo pride!

Hannah is a Public Relations graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University with an affinity for blogging, food, culture and learning about the world. She has a serious case of wanderlust and hopes to one day work for a lifestyle and PR firm, as well as publish books and documentaries focusing on leisure and travel. To read more of her work, check out her own personal blog at www.thinkingbrave.com or her personal portfolio at clippings.me/hannahkhan
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!