This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Sometimes, we don’t see the signs; so, here’s 10 things for you to stop putting with, sis.

1. He hasn’t really shown you off yet.

Even in the “talking” stage, it’s important for you to know that you and your boy are always on the same page. If you two have had a conversation about being monogamous and it’s been awhile, then you shouldn’t be talking about “oomf” on Twitter all the time when he’s still looking single. You’re special and should be treated as such.

2. It’s been months and he still hasn’t cuffed you.

Did he tell you he was looking for a relationship in the near future before you two began talking and now he’s playing games? Has it been over six months and he still has cold feet? There is nothing sexier than a man that knows what he wants. Sometimes, guys like to tell you things that sound nice in the beginning and never act on them.

3. He still hasn’t taken you out on a date.

Okay, we don’t expect a guy to drop $50 on every date. We also don’t expect a guy to pay for every date. But what we won’t accept is a “Netflix & Chill” session every weekend. Take us to Sweet Frog or something. Come on, now.

4. You make all the plans.

Guys always use the “I suck at making plans” excuse and just leave you with the responsibility. Of course, you can plan a date every now and then but if he cares, he should be able to do the same.

5. You’ve been in a relationship for months and still haven’t met his parents.

Men do not play about their mamas. If you’re special enough to be his girl, then you should be special enough to meet the family. Talk to him about Thanksgiving break, ladies.

6. He doesn’t gas you up.

Is he even your man, girl? Honestly, truly, if you send him a selfie, you need to expect for him to act like it’s the first selfie he’s ever seen in his life. You need to cherish each other.

7. Every time you’re mad, you’re “just tripping.”

Oh, we’ve heard it all before. “It’s not that serious.” “You’re being so extra.” If your response to his negative actions always results in another argument, then, girl, it’s time to let that man go.

8. When he gets mad at you, it’s a whole different story.

Heaven forbid you have a little attitude after not talking to him all day because when you simply “like” another guy’s photo on Twitter, it’s the end of the world. If all hell breaks loose when he gets mad at you, but you’re not allowed to show that same type of emotion, it’s time to let that man go, girl.

9. You’re arguing with yourself.

Not everything that goes wrong in this relationship is your fault, and to be quite honest, I feel like you already know that. Stop apologizing for being angry. The end of every argument shouldn’t end with an “I’m sorry” from you. You deserve someone that will own up to their wrongs.

10. You two don’t talk often enough.

COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION. We all know that the most important aspect of a successful relationship is communication. Whether it be about what’s for dinner that night or why he hasn’t been himself lately, you need to talk about it.

Gifs taken from giphy.com

Erica Dabney is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. Some of her favorite activities include discovering new music, tearing down the patriarchy and dining out at black-owned restaurants in Richmond. She plans to graduate with her bachelors in journalism in 2019.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!