Natural Hair Girls: 5 Instagram Accounts Every Naturalista Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Let’s be honest, transitioning isn’t easy. Most girls going through the transitioning process expect to see immediate results and unfortunately, that is not going to happen. This can be somewhat discouraging and can make transitioners want to resort back to the creamy crack. DON’T DO IT!!! All you need is a little inspiration to keep striving for those perfect locks! Here are a few Instagram accounts that make me appreciate my curly hair and motivate me to keep up with my curly girl methods!

1. Curlybeauties 

Curlybeauties is an account that is catered for curly-haired girls. They post pictures of beautiful ladies with all types of curls. Even you can be featured on their page! Just post a pic of you and your luscious curls and hashtag #curlygal1.

2. curlBOX

curlBOX is also an account composed of different pictures of curly-headed ladies. Although they don’t personally own the pictures they use, it is a great source for hairspiration! There are many beautiful girls with beautiful curls featured on their page as well.

3. MahoganyCurls

This page belongs to 22 year old Jess, who is a well-known naturalista with followers world-wide. She has many helpful Youtube videos as well!

4. SunKissAlba

SunKissAlba is one of my favorite naturalistas! She has transitioned from very damaged hair that wouldn’t curl at all to a healthy, full head of beautiful curls. She is also a natural hair guru on Youtube.

5. JadaSays

This account is owned by our very own Valdosta State University student, Jada Hill. Jada is a naturalista here at VSU who also has a Youtube account with helpful tips for us natural ladies.

Now that you have plenty of HAIRSPIRATION, stay persistent. Don’t give up on your hair goals! You will get there with patience. After all, everything worth having is worth waiting for. Embrace your beautiful locks that God gave you! 

Hi! I'm Elena! I'm a junior at Valdosta State University from Carrollton, GA. I'm a Business Management and Marketing major with a minor in Spanish. I love fashion and beauty and am intrigued by naturally curly hair. #CurlyHairedGirlsRunTheWorld IG: @elenaChantel_ Twitter: @elenaChantel_ Tumblr: elenaChantel.tumblr.com
Her Campus at Valdosta State.