This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What is the definition of feminism?

Feminism is the belief that women and men should have equal rights and opportunities. 

Her Campus Valdosta presented Feminism Decoded as an opportunity for the Valdosta State University general population to learn more about what exactly feminism means and what it looks like to women of today’s society. Feminism Decoded was lead by host Brisha Askew, who prompted questions and discussion from the audience. A panel of Valdosta State’s finest feminists graced the stage to also speak on topics that affect women in today’s world. 

This was an event that was not to be missed. Check out some of the highlights from this night below.

Thank you to everyone who came out to this empowering event and shared their thoughts, ideas, and personal testimonies. Her Campus Valdosta is so thankful to be a part of a community of women that is all about empowerment and improvement. May this event be a stepping stone to a better future for all women tomorrow. HCxo!

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.