UWindsor’s Campus Cutie Kees Schuller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Meet first year William Kees (pronounced like “case”) Schuller, A.K.A Kees. Kees is a double major in English Literature and Creative Writing and Drama (BA). Originally from Toronto, Kees is often seen around campus with friends or writing on his own. This Mac Moose floor rep is the first year with the most “shout-outs” from the anonymous Facebook page UWindsor Compliments + Crushes. All around campus Kees is known as outgoing, friendly, intelligent and the guy with the contagious laugh.  

How are you involved on campus?I am a student. I love campus life, and spend most of my time here being a resident in Mac Hall. Mostly my involvement comes on the residence side of things; I am a Desk Staff in Electa Hall, a floor rep for Macdonald hall, and the Academic Ace for Macdonald hall.How do you find the balance between academic and social life?I find that it is excellent. Because I live in rez I can merely walk out of my room and into a common room, up or down one or two floors, and see so many people in such a close area. There is always enough time in a day to socialize; during meals, waiting for classes, running into friends in the CAW; I find a pretty good balance. I also do spend a lot of my time on my school work, and that takes priority. Because I often do a lot of my work in advance I am less stressed for time close to due dates, meaning that I can consistently hang out with friends and socialize.What do you want to do after you graduate?I would love to be an author or a screenplay writer.What’s one major thing from your bucket list?I really want to see another planet some day, walk on alien soil.But within the bounds of reality? I want to live at least a year of my life at peace with nature, somewhere out in the woods or the wilds, and leave no footprint.What do you look for in a girl?What does anyone look for in a girl? I like girls who can laugh, who can make me laugh. I prefer to be friends with the person first, get to know them before I try and date them. The more things we have in common, the more interests we share, the more likely it is to work out for me.And, of course, a nice smile is beyond compare.What’s your idea of a perfect date?Something romantic in nature? Picnic in a forest grove or on a beach as the sun sets, followed by a moonlit stroll anywhere.Where do you see yourself in 10 years?Good question. If I ever find out, I’ll let you know.But I’d hope to be somewhere in a beach house or log cabin working on writing stories all day long.Describe your everyday life.I get up early, try and go for a run if the weather is nice enough for it. Get home, shower, and head out to class. Gotta love those early morning classes. However, class is done by mid-day, and so I head back to rez with my lunch. Eat lunch with my friends, unless I have homework. If it is a homework day I eat lunch at my desk, trying to work through as much as possible before I need a break.I do take frequent breaks in my work, for socializing, for watching TV, for reading, but that’s to recharge.When my work is done, I’ll hang out with my friends until dinner, grab food and eat with them, then retire to my room, hopefully around 10, get ready for bed, do some (of)my textbook readings, do any last bits of homework or printing, then hit the hay by 11-11:30.

Smart, charming and tons of fun makes Kees Schuller this weeks Campus Cutie and a great catch here at UWindsor!

Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.