friends road trip california fall break windows down music
Molly Peach / Her Campus

Songs To Add to Your Summer Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

While the coronavirus has made it very difficult to engage in normal summer activities, it does not affect the ability to create and listen to fun, uplifting songs to celebrate the coming warmer months. These songs have certainly helped lift my mood, and I hope they do the same for you.

Physical by Dua Lipa

This fast-paced song could make anyone dance! Dua Lipa is one of my favourite artists and this new track does not disappoint. A staple for any new summer playlist, it’s definitely a song you should listen to with the summer breeze coming through your open car windows. 

Glitch Man
Giphy

Birthday by Anne-Marie

This song will have everyone feeling like it’s their birthday! Anne-Marie’s confidence and attitude is contagious on this track. 

A person holding a collection of colorful birthday candles
Sharon McCutcheon

Adore you by Harry Styles

This former One Direction member came out with a killer album in December of 2019 and this song is perfect for the summer. It’s catchy chorus and fun instrumentation makes it not only a great song, but a very unique track to add to your playlist. 

Harry Styles Martini
Giphy

Liar by Camila Cabello

Camila Cabello’s new album is full of hits, and this song is no exception. This song definitely gives off latin vibes, which undoubtedly relate to Cabello’s latin heritage. A must-add to any summer playlist, it will bring the heat on any cold summer night.

Bridesmaids gif
Giphy

Never Really Over by Katy Perry 

While most of the other songs I have suggested are more fast-paced and dancy, every playlist needs a slower paced ballad. One of my favourite songs for months, “Never really over” is a beautifully written story about love and loss. 

Michael Scott You Complete Me gif
Giphy

Harder by Jax Jones and Bebe Rexha 

Bebe Rexha is the queen of making summer hits! This electric beat accompanied with Bebe Rexha’s incredible tone makes this song such a hit. Whether listening to this in your car with friends or simply alone, this song will have you feeling summer vibes. 

Girl\'s night
Unsplash

Dreamin About You by Lorelei Marcell

While this is definitely slower paced than some of the other choices, it will still have you dancing and singing along! Lorelei Marcell is a 17 year old singer and songwriter who released this song only last month. “Dreamin About You” contains an easy to follow storyline that most any young adult can relate to. 

Joey Friends Thinking
Giphy

What I Like About You by Jonas Blue and Theresa Rex

I have been obsessed with this song since I discovered it! While these artists might be lesser known than my other picks, this song is sure to be a hit this summer. Theresa Rex has an incredible voice, and the incredible dance beat layered behind her voice which is truly  a masterpiece. If you haven’t heard this song before, I strongly suggest you check it out! 

crowd
Unsplash

I hope you enjoyed checking out my suggestions. Make sure to use these when creating your own summer playlist, or add them to your previously created playlist. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer vacation and continues to listen to and discover great music.

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.