How to Survive Halloween

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

1. Tricking a cold

It’s that time of year, so if you get struck by the seemingly inevitable fate of the common cold, crush it using Cold-Eeze so you can make it out for Halloween.

2. Treat an organization

Take the time to learn about different organizations that are doing super cool things for a great cause. If you’re into fashion check out My Social Canvas at mysocialcanvas.com. My Social Canvas is a New York City-based social enterprise fashion brand that involves students and emerging designers in creating apparel collections for a cause.

If you’re into feminism and women’s education, check out She’s the First at shesthefirst.org. She’s the First provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries, fostering first-generation graduates and cultivating the next generation of global leaders.

If you’re into gender equality (who isn’t?) check out No Ceilings at noceilings.org. No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation that works to advance and inspire the full participation of girls and women in the 21st century. While we have seen significant progress in the last 20 years, we are not there yet when it comes to gender equality in Canada or around the world.

3. Revive from the dead

Or at least revive yourself from the blur of October and the onset of November stress with a coffee complete with  Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener. Zing™ is a victory for sugar substitute shoppers who want perfectly sweet products made with only real ingredients—nothing artificial. Best part? No calories!

4. Look the part

Who says you have to buy your costume? Find a cool Pinterest post and head to Michaels! While you’re there, visit the Martha Stewart Crafts section to see all of the super cute stuff they have to help you get crafty! From decorating a costume to sprucing up your dorm room, Martha Stewart Crafts has everything you need.

As for makeup, check out NYC’s City Proof 24H Eyeshadow, a chubby, waterproof eyeshadow that delivers vibrant color for up to 24HR wear! In eleven on-trend shades perfect for any look, just twist, glide, and go!

6. Be protected

If it’s that time of the month, you don’t want to be burned by giant pads or pesky tampon strings… especially in your super cute costume. Try the Diva Cup, a silicone cup that goes inside your vagina for up to 12 hours that you simply wash and reuse. No mess, no fuss.

5. Relive the Night

Talk about how fun last night was with your friends the next day in your room featuring your super cute Her Campus pennant. I mean just look how cute it is!

Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.