Grocery Shopping Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Grocery shopping is an adult thing we have to do to simply stay alive. To put it point blank, grocery shopping sucks. It’s time consuming and it takes up a majority of your money. Unless you plan on eating out everyday, and definitely gaining that dreaded 15 pounds (or more), it’s essential. Here are some hacks to make your grocery shopping a little easier and a little cheaper.

1. There’s an app for that

It’s called Flipp.

Flipp allows you to views flyers, save flyers, and save clippings for price matching! This way you more easily know what stores have what on sale.

2. Extreme Couponing

Coupons are also a great way to save money! You can find coupons on the Flipp app, on Save.ca/coupons or Coupons.com.

3. Price matching saves $$$

The Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Freshco, and No Frills all price match; you can save your clippings from the Flipp app and show the cashier which items you’d like to price match as you check out. Simply search the item you’d wish to purchase on the app and see if there’s a store selling the item for a better price!

Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.