Inspiration For Decorating Your Dorm!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

This summer, I was looking for some good TV shows to binge. Then, I had this amazing idea to binge YouTube videos from a good channel. I came across Mr. Kate’s channel and instantly got hooked. She is an amazing creative weirdo and has a unicorn vibe that everyone will fall in love with. She’s also an self taught interior designer so you can get a lot of inspiration from her channel. She has a personal blog where she posts all the details for her creative work. On her channel, she created a series called “OMG We’re Coming Over” where she goes to a youtuber’s place and decorates it with the essence of that youtuber. I know we can’t paint or do anything extensive in our school dorms or rented apartments, but this list can give you an idea or inspiration for you. Here are my four favourite looks that she did that can give you something to work with. 

The complete guide to decorate your room

The minimalist design

Color splash/ Unicorn design

The grey design

NYC Loft style decor

Hope this helps! Stay tuned for more articles like this!

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.