Lindsay Semel

Name: Lindsay Semel

Age: 20

Year: Class of 2019

Major: Social Work

Hometown: Westport, CT

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: Enthusiastic, loyal, and spontaneous.

Why UVM: Well, UVM was my first choice, I always knew I wanted to come here. It’s like a bigger version of my boarding school (Vermont Academy). It’s the perfect combination of outdoors, good people, mountains… I really wanted a school with mountains. UVM is actually the only school I applied to on the east coast! I was dead set on going to the west coast. I went to the UVM climate summit, and I decided I wanted to go here. They also have a really good social work program.

Favorite color: Teal

Favorite place to be in Burlington: I really like Magnolia, and Centennial Woods. And the Spot… it’s a restaurant. Also the Waterfront.

Favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor: I could probably just house a whole pint of chocolate fudge brownie.

Favorite band or artist: That’s impossible. I can’t choose one.

Favorite song of ALL time: That’s like asking me which place in the world I like to breathe better! I don’t know… maybe, um…. I don’t know!

Favorite movie: Favorite funny movie is definitely Step Brothers. That’s always a classic. I’m also a sucker for 80’s movies and indie films.

Favorite book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I’ve read it 57 times.

Current Netflix addiction: Wilfred

Guilty pleasure food: Really, really good mac and cheese.

Biggest pet peeve: People who chew with their mouth open. Equal to that, people who act really entitled and treat people with disrespect.

Something about you that most people don’t know: I can’t collect anything… I’ve tried to start so many collections and be the type of person who is really crafty and it has NEVER worked out. I have coins, rocks, tea sets… just random stuff that I never continued collecting.

Celebrity crush: The model Francesco Lachowski. Also Jake Gyllenhaul.

Best advice you’ve ever gotten: 1. It is our choices that show who we truly are far more than our abilities. 2. Ma man Shakespeare in Hamlet says, “this above all to thy known self be true, than thou cannot be false to any other man.” My grandma told me that one. 

Best gift you’ve ever received: My ukulele.  

Favorite shoes: My vans.

Favorite part about college thus far: All of the AMAZING people that I’ve gotten to meet. And the freedom.