two girls smiling
two girls smiling
Original photo by Julia Cloppse
Style

Add These to Your Cart for Hot Girl Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Procrastinating studying for finals with online shopping? Me too. Here are some potential avenues or trends to explore for the upcoming season: 

Name Chains

name necklace
Original photo by Julia Cloppse

Such a cute, simple jewelry accessory to pair with a bathing suit for the beach or even for a night worn with a dress. Perfect for any and all occasions! And people won’t have to ask your name! :)

Websites: Dainty and Gold (Etsy) 

Trucker Hats

A trend that feels wrong but is, oh so, right. Embody that hardcore, trucker energy with this accessory. Works for a day at the pool or your daily walk. You’ll look cool either way!

Websites: Urban Outfitters, Tillys

Slip Dresses

girl in orange dress
Original photo by Julia Cloppse

This is my favorite, simple go-to option for summer nights out to dinner. So cute with a pop of color or a more classic, neutral color. Pairs perfectly with a pair of sneakers to dress it down or heels if you’re really fancy. So comfy and easy yet looks so put together! Epitome of easy, breezy, beautiful. 

Websites: Aritzia 

Phone charms

Jazz up your phone with this blast from the past. So many colorful, beaded options and it just feels so fun, girly and nostalgic. 

Websites: String Ting

Jordans

You will automatically upgrade to a 10 on a street-style coolness scale with these sneaks. Definitely an investment, but such a good statement piece and a way to make any ordinarily, simple outfit super unique. Jordan 1s are great and there are just so many different color ways. 

Websites: GOAT, Stock X

Bike shorts

girl in biker shorts jumping
Original photo by Julia Cloppse

The trusty, go-to biker short. Undoubtedly, should be anyone’s best friend in the summer. Sporty and comfy yet cute. I am obsessed with wearing these in the warmer months either with a tank and sneakers or an oversized tee and slides. Never fails!

Websites: Aritzia 

Wildflower Phone cases

girl with cute phone case
Original photo by Julia Cloppse

Keeping with the whole tech accessory trend, this website is such a good phone case option! So many summery designs. 

Colorful workout sets

Jazz up your workout routine or make it seem like you just went to a Pilates class when your grabbing your iced coffee. Either works! You also just automatically feel more productive and like a girl boss in a trusty, matching set. 

Websites: Outdoor Voices, Alo Yoga, Year of Ours

A bright crossbody

girl with green crossbody bag
Original photo by Julia Cloppse

Such a good way to add a pop of color to any outfit. Coral, lilac, bright blue. Truly endless possibilities. Add one to a basic outfit with  jeans and a white tank and you will STILL look cool. 

Websites: Hvisk 

Hope these provide some inspiration :) Happy shopping!

My name is Julia Cloppse, I am a third year at UVA and I'm from Staten Island, New York!
Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!