A Watch List For Best Chick Flicks on Netflix Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Nothing is worse than finally finding some me-time in your busy week only to spend forever looking for the perfect movie (believe me been there, done that). This is a list of my top 10 chick flicks that you can find on Netflix today!

1o. the sweetest thing

If you are looking for a raunchy-not-your-typical-lady-like-behavior chick flick, look no further. The Sweetest Thing is a story about the dreamy Christina Walkers who is a one night stand typa girl until she meets a guy who changes her forever. She finds herself on a wild goose hunt in a desperate effort to run into him again, only to leave her with a big surprise. Definitely is the movie for you if you are looking for something that will keep you laughing all night long.

Overall Ranking: 3/5

Chick Flick Ranking: 3.5/5

9. wild child

Poppy is a wealthy Los Angeles girl with a rebellious streak. Her father, feeling like he is out of options, sends her to a boarding school in England. During her attempt to clean up her act, she learns an important lesson on friendship and finding yourself. Oh yeah and not to mention the totally off limits headmistresses son has a major crush on her.

Overall Ranking: 3/5

Chick Flick Ranking: 4/5

8. set it up

Two over worked and desperate assistants make the ultimate plan to set up their very extravagant bosses. In their new free time they finally take the time to explore new hobbies, people, and relationships, only to find out that things are not as smooth sailing as they thought.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 4/5

7. fools rush in

Everyones favorite comedic actor from the hit sitcom Friends, Matthew Perry (playing Alex), is an architect from New York looking to climb the latter with his job. As he lands a job in Las Vegas building a night club he finds himself in a sticky situation with his one night stand, Isabelle. Finding out that she is pregnant, Isablle, goes to tell Alex that she is keeping the baby. The two rush into a marriage and quickly find out that their families and priorities could not be more different. A great watch, but you better buckle up, this movie is a wild emotional roller coaster.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Chick Flick Rating: 4/5

6. love, guaranteed

Nick is a man who is determined to find love, so determined that he has went on 1,000 (!!) dates an

d found them all to be a fail. He decides that the dating app that he is using, love guaranteed, does not in fact live up to its name. In an attempt to sue the dating company he meets Susan, an overworked lawyer who sees this as an opportunity to take a break from her usual pro bono cases (that don’t exactly pay good). This is a chick flick that gives you all the feels while rooting for love to come out on the winning side.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 5/5

5. always be my maybe

The successful celebrity chef Sasha Tran who grew up next to Marcus Kim who still lives with his father and is in an unsuccessful band. The two are total opposites with a hectic past who reconnect 15 years later. They both are feeling the sparks of love but their exceptionally different life styles pull the two in different directions. This movie is all about keeping you on your toes as the couple navigates crazy twist and turns as Sasha opens up her new restaurant explores her true feelings for Marcus.

Overal Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 5/5

4. Someone great

Someone Great stars no other than the amazing Gina Rodriguez who is coming off a tough break up. This movie gives a glimpse into the truth of heartbreak (and believe me it is not always pretty). Get your tissues ready because this is a story about love, loss, friendship, and self growth that will leave you in tears.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 5/5

3. what a girl wants

Daphne is a teenage girl trying to find herself. She feels in order to really know who she is, she must finally meet her dad (who happens to be running for politician in England and very wealthy). She packs up her things and finds herself trying to navigate this new world of prime and proper while focused on winning over her dad from his “new family”. Along the way she meets new friends who remind her that staying true to yourself and not losing sight of what is important is the best thing she can do for herself and her family in the end. This is a warm and emotional story that will leave you in your feels but never gets old.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Chick Flick Rating: 5/5

2. A cinderella story

None other than the Hillary Duff stars as Sam who is the overworked and under appreciated step daughter of Fiona. As the classic fairy tale goes Fiona is the lucky inheritor of Sam’s fathers money and diner where she is now forced to work to save up from her dream school (Princeton). With a new school and a new life she escapes through her anonymous pen pal who she meets finally at the school Halloween dance that changes her life forever.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 5/5

1. Legally blonde

Legally Blonde is a staple chick flick that embodies every true aspect of a chick flick from the all pink outfits to the amazing female lead that is none other than Reese Witherspoon. Elle Woods is your classic sorority girl who is hopelessly devoted to her boyfriend, Warner Huntington II. During a romantic dinner that is supposed to end in an engagement, Warner drops that he is going to Harvard and can no longer date Elle leaving her heartbroken. Elle decided that the only thing left to do was to get into Harvard Law and win him back.

My Rating: 5/5

Chick Flick Rating: 10000/5

Hey guys, I am a Second Year at the University of Virginia from a small town in Southern Virginia. Through my writing I want to spread love and positivity while supporting people to be the best versions of themselves.