15 Thoughts During Finals Week as Told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

“I am Beyoncé always” – Michael Scott, that is until finals week comes. Welcome to the end of the semester where procrastination nation is population everyone and the library has never looked more alive and dead all at the same time. Thankfully, The Office perfectly sums up my life and even more so my thoughts during finals.

There’s always that first initial moment when your professor mentions that your exam is coming up, but all you can do is cringe away your responsibilities.

Then there’s that moment when it finally hits you that exams are actually here and you have done nothing to prepare for them and suddenly it’s a sloppy downhill slope from there.

So, then you take the time to try to look at the exam schedule to see when exactly everything is only to find that your two hardest exams occur on the same day and you don’t have a third one occurring within 24 hours so you could try to meticulously move the one you least want to take further away. Thus, leaving you to face your impending death.

Which then leaves you incredibly mad and disappointed in your education system for setting you up to fail.

Soon the study time does actually come into play, but it’s never too soon to prepare yourself for the intensity of the exam.

For some people, they may have the loveliness of having to write an essay during their exam. This can come as both a blessing and a curse; nonetheless, everyone experiences that moment while writing they essay where they just don’t have a clue about where they are going or if they are making the slightest bit of sense.

Don’t forget that one class in which you are unsure as to if you have learned anything the whole semester, only to get to the exam and recognize none of the material on it. It also comes with a slight bit of resentment towards your professor and the tears of your GPA falling.

If you’re lucky enough, you will have been able to properly study for at least one of your exams and have full confidence in yourself as you set down to dominate that test.

But…. there’s always the down side that the exam just might make you feel insufficient.

At some point you might get a call from home asking how things are but there’s really no words to describe I-haven’t-slept-in-72-hours-and-haven’t-showered-in-four-days-and-everything-is-a-blur.

Then it’s time to walk into the exam room for the test you’ve been dreading the most, but first a silent prayer (C’s get degrees, and so do D’s)

During which exam you will spend most of your time looking at every question with the same reaction of pure NOPE.

Afterwards all you can think is how thankful you are that your parents can’t have access to your grades.

And then you’re left saying…

But deep down inside, just remember that if Donald Trump can become president, then you still have a chance too. And when that day comes, all shall see the abolishment of finals.