Which Euphoria Character Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

If you haven’t heard about HBO’s Euphoria starring Zendaya, you are literally living under a rock, and need to add it to your watchlist ASAP. Euphoria is arguably the most-watched AND talked about show right now. Their season 2 premiere had 13.1 million viewers. The immense attention and publicity the show has gained within the past couple of months has fans asking themselves who, within the very flawed world of Euphoria, do they relate the most to? So, I put together a list of popular characters, and matched them with a zodiac sign based on their personalities. Let’s see which character you are.

*WARNING, there will be spoilers ahead*

1. Aries (March 21-april 19)

NAte:

Nate is one of the most controversial characters on the show because of his short temper and bad intentions. Aries are known for being hot-heads, which makes Nate the perfect choice. His character craves power and has the mindset that everything in his life is a game that he can win. Aries can relate to this because they strive to be bold and ambitious, even if that means diving headfirst into the most challenging situations. Which, in Nate’s case, is hooking up with his ex-girlfriend’s best friend.

2. Taurus (APril 20-May 20)

Fez:

Tauruses are homebodies that hate sudden change. Fez’s character displays these traits because he tries his best to keep to himself and ensure the safety of his brother and his business. Unfortunately, though, his hectic lifestyle continues to get in the way of his desire to live a chill and happy life. I think we all know that, if it were up to him, he would spend his days watching the movie Stand By Me with Lexi. Tauruses are also known for being good listeners and highly dependable, which we have seen from Fez many times when he has sometimes been the only one there for Rue during her battle with addiction.

3. Gemini (May 21-June 20)

Elliot:

Elliot is the newest character in Euphoria and has really stirred up some drama between Rue and Jules this season. Geminis are notorious for being the most two-faced and backstabbing signs out of all twelve of the zodiacs. Considering Elliot develops a friendship with Rue and proceeds to get even closer to her girlfriend, which then results in the two of them hooking up behind Rue’s back, I think we can all agree that Elliot is a prime example of a Gemini. His character also experiences a lot of internal struggle with deciding whether or not to tell Jules about Rue’s addiction, which Gemini can sympathize with because of their constant indecisiveness.

4. Cancer (June 21-July 22)

GIa:

Gia’s character is one that has not been explored further than just being Rue’s little sister, but the screen-time she has been given has allowed us to gather a lot about her and how she embodies being a Cancer. Cancers are very sensitive and seek comfort. Gia has experienced more pain than most people her age, so it makes sense that her character yearns for some type of stability in her personal life. The most common thing Cancers are known for is being forgiving, but not forgetful. This resonates with Gia greatly because, although her sister’s addiction has caused her a lot of trauma, she still loves Rue regardless and forgives her for her actions. Like most Cancers, Gia’s personality seems to be layered pretty deeply, so hopefully, we will see more of her in season 3.

5. Leo (July 23-August 22)

Cassie:

Leos are known for being passionate, loyal, and very dramatic, which sums up Cassie’s personality perfectly. Cassie’s controversial decisions this season, which include hooking up with her best friend’s ex, are great examples of how passionate Leos are about the people they choose to love. She is loyal to Nate because he is now all that she has after ruining all of her friendships. Leo’s are ruled by their heart, and Cassie falls victim to this repeatedly because of her constant desire for male validation. Like most Leos, Cassie wants to stand out and feel important to someone, but in order to achieve this, she breaks the biggest girl code ever.

6. Virgo (august 23-september 22)

Rue:

Rue’s birthday is revealed in the first episode as September 14, 2001, which makes her a Virgo. Virgos are usually very introverted and have problems with expressing themselves. Rue aligns with these traits perfectly because of her shy nature and her struggle with addiction that ultimately stems from her not coping with the loss of her father. Although Rue is probably the most flawed character in the show, she, like most Virgos, has amazing attention to detail that allows her to catch on to things a lot faster than other characters. A prime example of this is how in the first season she was the only one who figured out what was actually going on between Jules and Nate.

7. Libra (September 23-October 22)

Ethan:

Libras are the ultimate believers of love, and Ethan aligns with this perfectly because of his efforts to ensure that Kat is happy and healthy while in a relationship with him. He is overall the perfect boyfriend, and he offers his unconditional love to Kat, much like Libras do in all their relationships. Sadly, though, Libras are notorious for giving more than what they get back in their relationships. This is something that Ethan is forced to endure this season as he tries his best to make Kat happy, but she does not put in the same effort, and feels as though he is not enough for her.

8. Scorpio (October 23-November 21)

Maddy:

In the first season, Maddy wears a Scorpio necklace multiple times. This is not a surprise because Maddy’s personality fits exactly how Scorpios are. Scorpios are intense people, and can be possessive over the people they love. Maddy displays this throughout seasons 1 and 2 because of her attachment to Nate despite the abuse and trauma he has put her through. Scorpios are known for sometimes getting completely consumed by the people they love, which is something Maddy struggles with greatly, and will have to learn to control.

9. Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

Kat:

A Sagittarius thrives off of freedom and self-improvement. Kat’s personality, especially in season 2, aligns with these qualities to a “T”. She’s in a relationship with Ethan, and although he does make her happy, she feels like something is missing. Kat truly desires independence so that she can learn to love herself. Sagittarius like to think the world is their playground, and Kat’s fiery and intellectual personality displays this greatly.

10. CAPRICORN (december 22-january 19)

Ashtray:

Based on what we have seen in season 2, Ashtray is not one to mess around with. He is devoted to protecting his brother and their business, which is something that Capricorns can relate to. Capricorns are the stereotypical responsible friend, and they take a while to warm up. This describes Ashtray because he doesn’t trust anyone other than Fez. We saw this pretty clearly when Fez allowed Faye to stay with them for protection, and Ashtray did not agree with it at all. Like most Capricorns, he would do anything for his brother, even if that means murdering a super scary drug lord named Mouse.

11. Aquarius (January 20-february 18)

Lexi:

Lexi, who sometimes seems to be the only normal character in the show, has quickly become a fan favorite with the amount of screen-time she is now receiving this season. Aquarius is known for being very self-reliant, which is a trait that Lexi has been forced to master because she cannot rely on some of the people in her life, like Rue or her sister, Cassie. Lexi describes herself as an observer of life, which is what inclined her to start writing her play. Her innovation this season is something that an Aquarius can relate to because they ultimately all want to make the world a better place.

12. Pisces (february 19-March 20)

Jules:

Jules has proven to be one of the most intuitive characters on the show, but, like most Pisces, she is also a daydreamer. Pisces are notoriously prone to fantasy, and Jules tends to fantasize about a lot of aspects of her life. This was displayed in the first season when she was catfished by Nate posing as a guy named Tyler. She has big dreams and a big heart, especially towards Rue, with who she fantasizes about moving to the city with and starting a life. Because Jules is a Pisces, she suffers from being excessively romantic, which has caused her to believe that she and Rue’s relationship can achieve unattainable goals that will most likely never happen because of Rue’s struggle with addiction. Pisces can relate to this greatly because sometimes their fantasies set them up for disappointment, which Jules has done to herself several times throughout both seasons.

Hi! My name is Amber and I am a junior at UTSA. I am currently majoring in English with a concentration in professional writing. I have been passionate about writng since I was a little girl and I aspire to have a career in journalism. In my free time, I enjoy baking, reading, and spending time with my dog!