UTSA Greek Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.
The much anticipated and annual UTSA Greek Week event will be happening next week. The student run  event, put on my UTSA fraternity and sorority life members involves a week of events to raise awareness for Fraternity and Sorority Life at UTSA, and to promote Unity between the North American Interfraternity Conference (IFC), National Panhellenic Council (NPC), Multicultural Greek Council (MGC), and the National Pan-Hellenic Council(NPHC). 

Though the events tend to differ every year, they stay centered around the “Four Pillars of Greek Life”. Meaning, The week tests members academically, philanthropically, physically, and socially. On the first day (03/28), you will be able to find various members of Greek Life around main campus from 9:00 am- 2:00 performing different acts of service in the event “Extreme Make Over” “(03/28). This will also include a blood drive that runs both 03/28 and 03/29 on main campus from 11:00 am- 4:00 pm near the Ximenez Garage. On 03/29, members of Fraternity and Sorority Life will face off in a series of field day events at “Greeks at the Fields” from 6:00 pm- 8:30 pm in UTSA Lot #5 (where Zedd was hosted). They will test their brain power in a “Family Feud” style event in the Main Building auditorium from 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm on 03/30. The questions gathered for the event were taken from survey’s over 200 non-Greek UTSA students over a period of two-weeks earlier this spring. Everyone’s favorite, and by the most competitive event, “Lip Sync” will be held on 03/31 from 7:00 pm- 9:30 pm on the UC Lawn. Teams practice for weeks on the choreographed skits and dance routines in order to win the coveted title of “Lip Sync Champs.” This year, the judges range from faculty, staff, and a professional dance group. The MC’s of the event will be UTSA football players Larry Stevens and Kyle McKinney. A presentation will also be held to recognize and honor graduating seniors from each organization. To close out the week, chapters will complete in a dip off at UTSA day (04/02). From 1:00 pm- 2:00 pm, future UTSA students and their families, and other event attendees can sample the dips, and vote on their favorite. The winners of the overall week will be announced on this day also. 

Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.