Sephora Semester of Self Care Hero
Sephora Semester of Self Care Hero
Her Campus Media

New Semester, Fresh Start!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

A new semester, a new fresh start. It is a time to start a new hobby or habit, have a busier or more lenient schedule, make new friends, join an organization, etc. You could do many different things to make the new semester better for yourself and distract you from anything you might be going through. With everything going on in the world right now, it is hard to be involved and do things to keep you busy, but not impossible. You could do so many things to keep yourself busy; it can be something as simple as starting a new habit like working out or writing in a journal to joining a group or working. The possibilities are endless. In today’s society, it is very easy for us to get caught up in social media and keep ourselves sheltered from what the world can bring and show us. Still, I feel as the new year starts and a new semester of school starts as well, it is so easy to look out there and see what you like to do and how you like to entertain yourself. As this new year and semester start, take this opportunity and put yourself out there, make new friends, explore the city, discover yourself, and have fun and experience new things.

Hi!! I’m Alexia Castañeda, currently a Junior at UTSA, major in Business Management. I love to read, watch Netflix/Disney+, and hanging out with friends!! I also LOVE to meet new people!