This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Madeline Ostberg is in her third year as a Ute, studying Human Development and Family Studies. She’s served Her Campus at the University of Utah as a writer, Member Development Chairman and now as Director of Events.

We asked Maddi why she’s voting and she had an unconventional answer. “Honestly, I wanted to vote so that way I can complain when the state of the country doesn’t go the way I want or the way I believe is right. I feel like our country is in a constant state of complaint; nothing is ever good enough for anyone–and I get it, some issues need addressing and some problems need to be solved. But complaining just to complain isn’t providing any solutions if you’re not doing what you can, which is voting, you’re just adding to the problems. If you want anything to change, you have to do your part and it’s not hard. It’s mailing a ballot or showing up to a location. It’s easy and it’s your responsibility.” 

No matter your reason, vote! Any reason is a good one. Come to the University of Utah library to vote this November 8th!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!