This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Podcasts are quickly gaining popularity. There is a level of curious intimacy of listening to people share a conversation. Lately, I’ve been gravitating towards podcasts that explore feminist issues like intersectionality, gender equality, LGBTQ rights, and black lives matter. As a proud feminist, I am always seeking inspiration that will burn my feminist flame a little brighter. Women deserved to be heard and listened to after we have been historically wiped from the conversation. Conversations lead to action, and action leads to change. So here are some of my favorite feminist podcasts you should be listening to.

1.Adult Sh1t

This is my personal favorite podcast on this list. Adult Sh1t is hosted by Kelsey Darragh and Kate Peterman, two Buzzfeed employees and real life bffs. This hilarious and unapologetically honest duo often center around sex, feminism, relationships, and mental health awareness. The two women have two different personalities, viewpoints, and backgrounds which often lead to some interesting conversations. 

2. Face of A Feminist Podcast

Laura Diaz and Marissa Clark started the nonprofit Face of A Feminist, which helped to unite women of all kinds and enact change through fundraisers for women organizations. In their very first podcast, the pair discussed why the definition of feminism is often construed, equal pay, the Me Too movement, why Islam is in fact a feminist religion, and paid maternity leave. Laura is a mom, wife, and former TV journalist and Marissa is a radio host who was looking for a longer format to discuss feminism.

3. Divided States of Women

This podcast does not hold back, which is why I love it so much. Liz Plank tackle topics that are often held in the back closet instead of put in the open to discuss and understand. These issues often divide women, hence the name of the podcast. These intersectional issues include the often sexist institution of marriage, #BlackGirlMagic, gun control, ableism, and body positivity. This is one you don’t want to miss.

4. Lady Problems

Lady Problems focuses on how pop culture treats women and feminism. Hosts Rachel Handler, Teo Bugbee, and Hazel Cills tackle everything from awards shows, to movies, to TV, to journalism, to film production. My favorite episode featured comedian Aparna Nacherla who talked about what it’s like to be a female in a male-dominated career and how we can use comedy to combat the Trump Era.

5. Morado Lens

Cindy Rodriguez and Nathalie Farfan are childhood friends who host this hilarious feminist podcasts. They discuss how they are empowered by their Latina identities, celebrities who inspire them, dating, love, and sex. No topic is untouchable on this podcast.

No go on ,and listen to these awesome ladies!

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Just an Ohio gal living in SLC with a love for words, sushi, music, dogs, the oxford comma, and lists.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor