This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

DF Dance Studio is one of the best studios in Salt Lake City. It’s been running for around eight years and its growth is evidence of the awesome instructors they have. It’s the perfect place to go for a date night or to try on your own. DF is always starting up new classes for tons of different dance styles every month. They offer Salsa, Bachata, Country Swing, West Coast Swing and several Ballroom classes.

March is the perfect time to start up at DF. Right now they are offering a special for new students which includes a 30 minute private lesson and unlimited classes for four weeks for $80. Another great way to start is to keep your eye out for the ladies Bachata or Salsa scholarships. If awarded, these scholarships allow you to take 2-3 classes per week for 4 months for only $100. That’s only about 3$ per class! I highly suggest applying for a scholarship if you have any interest in picking up a new hobby. This way you can try out Latin style dances and see if it’s something you enjoy. If not, they also offer lots of other styles to choose from.

I took part in the female Salsa scholarship last year with no experience and came out of it feeling super confident in my dancing abilities. Going to my classes every week became really addicting and helped get me through the winter. Taking classes at DF is a great way to make friends and learn something new.

DF is also the perfect place to go on a group date night because the atmosphere is really fun and social. Every weekend they offer a social dance night where you can come and enjoy a lesson and then a few hours of dancing afterwards.

If you’re still not convinced of hitting up DF, imagine this; “You’re at a party, there is music, there will be dancing. What will you be doing?” Go on, try it out. I know you’ll love all that DF Dance has to offer. 

Kristen is a junior at the University of Utah. She's majoring in Linguistics and banking on the idea that it will allow her to live around the world for awhile! She's enjoying living off ramen noodles and mixed drinks (what else do you expect from a college student?).
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor