This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Thanksgiving is a time to be with your friends, your family, and reflect on what you’re thankful for. The Her Campus team at the University of Utah is made up of diverse personalities, passions, and experiences. Read our reasons to be grateful this year. 

1. “I’m thankful for my amazing husband, my crazy and loving family, good friends, delicious food, and the fact that I get to write and work towards my dream every day.” -Aimee Gregory Myers, Writer

2. “I am thankful for my incredible family and friends that support me in everything I do.” -Kim Davison, Vice President

3. “I’m thankful for cheese and Nick Jonas.” -Rachel Wilson, Editor-in-Chief

4. “I’m thankful for strangers who let me make friends with their dogs.” -Samantha Shaw, Director of Administration

5. “[I’m thankful for] having a loving girlfriend, family, and cat. Also, Trader Joe’s Microwave pepperoni Mac’N’Cheese.” -Emmaly Daw Anderson, Writer

6. “I’m thankful for my incredible boyfriend, my family, and my dog!” -Alyssa Gum, Writer

7. “I’m thankful for the University of Utah for providing so many leadership and internship opportunities. Also, thankful for bulldogs.” -Sophia King, Writer

8. “I’m thankful for my wonderful family, my amazing friends, and Netflix.” -Robin Young, Writer

9. “I’m thankful for having a great roommate, a mom who takes me to lunches just because she misses me, and being able to call my friends across the country and still feel as close as we were in high school.” -Grace Mason, Writer

10. “I’m thankful for Christmas cheer. But, I’m really thankful that on the cusp of my coming of age, we’re seeing a mass cultural shift of believing survivors of sexual assault and rape and we’re entering a time when sh*tty, evil men are held accountable for their abuse, and I’m really thankful that this is the world I’ll grow up in and my future children will live in.” -Meghan McGinnis, Writer

11. “I’m thankful for my dogs who love me all the time and for my cat who only loves me when he wants something.” -Hannah Jane Langley, Writer

12. “I’m thankful for my family who makes me feel loved no matter how far apart we are, friends who send me memes, and pretzels and hummus.” -Samantha Johnson, Writer

13. “I’m thankful for my amazing father and everything he does for me.” -Erin Sleater, Director of Social Media

14. “I’m thankful for my dog, aerial skills, and my bestest friends. In that particular order.” -Nina Yu, Writer

15. “I’m thankful for the people that have stood by my side even through the bad times and Flume.” -Sophia Chartrand, Writer

16. “I’m thankful for my loving and supportive family, my crazy unique friends, and all the Black Friday deals I’ll be using to buy myself gifts.” -Avrey Evans, Writer

17. “I’m thankful for Her Campus and the opportunity it’s given me to be surrounded by strong, intelligent, and beautiful women.” -Kiana Opre, Incoming Editor-in-Chief

18. “I’m thankful for my amazing friends, to have a roof over my head, access to an education and good health.” -Megha Kundra, Greek Ambassador

19. “I’m thankful for my close friends who have treated me like gold, good food, good health, loving family, and all the opportunities I have been given.” -Cynthia Coombs, Writer

20. “I’m thankful for my family, my friends, my sorority, my education, and my amazing Her Campus team.” -Alexis Freudenberger, Director of Recruitment

From the entire Her Campus community, we wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!