diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways to Calm Down during a Busy Schedule

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Every week comes new obstacles, new exams, and new assignments. I’m sure everyone, (not just me) feel like they’re drowning in responsibilities and schoolwork while being at college. Plus, clubs and jobs have you over your head and you realize you’re trying to find time to even eat dinner. Living in the beautiful city of Tampa definitely has its perks in times like these. If you’re ever feeling stressed, or need an hour to get away, go ahead and take a break and try these activities.

Take a walk on Bayshore Boulevard

I know this seems cliché going on a walk right? But Bayshore is different than any ordinary walk. We all need time away from campus to snap back into the real world. I recommend going during the sunset. You can find time to clear your head while getting exercise and enjoying Florida’s amazing views. Plus, Fresh Kitchen is right around the corner of Bayshore, perfect to go after a sunset walk.

Sit by the river (near the riverside building under the palm trees)

Now this has to be one of the best spots on campus to relax. You get the view of the entire city just from campus. Coming back from class? Its so easy to grab a blanket or hammock and sit under the trees. Bring another friend, some music, or a good book and take you mind off of all your worries.

Swim

The other 2 activities you can definitely do during the weekdays and if you ever have a Friday off to start the weekend early is go to the pool! UT’s campus has a gorgeous pool open til 4pm. There you can tan and swim in the comfort and convenience of being on campus. The beach is another great place to go when you want to find a way to relax. Something about swimming in the ocean is so freeing, especially in Florida. We have beautiful beaches located in St. Pete and Clearwater 45 minutes away from campus!

These are just a few suggestions if you’re feeling overwhelmed during the semester. It’s always important to take care of yourself first, no matter what. When your mind and body are rested and relaxed, you can put 100% into everything you do in your day.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us