Things that happen when you found a “Good One” (that aren’t Pop Magazine crap)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We’re all guilty of it. Even I am. We flip through magazines reading articles about “when you know he likes you” or “when you found Mr. Right” and compare our crushes to the ideas that these magazines are throwing at us. If they don’t align perfectly, we assume we’re doomed and get it into our heads that they’ll never like us in the way we like them. We need to stop doing this and realize sometimes our partner will show us how much they care in the weirdest of ways. Whether your ways are the same as mine, or special things of your own, enjoy these moments and realize how special they are.

• They buy you lollipops from Disney World because they thought you would look cute eating it.
  • They brush your hair for you when you’re too lazy.
  • They make plans to come over at 11:30 at night just because you were too busy all day to see them.
  • They make jokes about your tiny feet and your lip freckle.
  • They bring snacks for themselves and let you eat them all.
  • They sit in the living room for two hours taking the time to get to know your roomies.
  • They make you feel like a queen when you’re on Facetime in a onesie with your glasses on.
  • They watch Zootopia with you just because you’re convinced it represents your life.
  • They call you funny names, and let you call them funny names in return.
  • They know to feed you when you’re getting hangry.
  • They rub your back without you asking because they know you had a stressful day.
  • They don’t judge that one ROUGH school picture from the sixth grade.
  • They’re just themselves because that’s the most perfect thing they could be.

Shoutout to my nug for inspiring me to write this article. You’re a weirdo but you’re the bomb, baby boy.

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us