Simple Ways to Make Some Easy Money as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Everyone could always use an extra bit of spending money, especially college student. Some college students are too caught up in school work, activities, sports, and friends to maintain a job throughout school, but there are plenty of ways to recycle some of your stuff for some extra cash. When I mean simple, I mean it is as easy as downloading an app on your phone and posting your items. Here are a couple of apps that lets you earn some easy money!

Mercari is an app that lets you sell, as well as buy new and used items. From phone cases and clothing, to makeup, they have everything! Selling an item could not be any easier. All you have to do is create an account, take pictures of the item you want to sell, create a title and description, fill out the questions relating to the product, the shipping information, and then post it to your profile. You can post an unlimited number of items which is always a plus.

An alternative to this app is Poshmark. It has the same concept and way of selling items.

eBay is a well known website/app that is extremely popular for selling and buying items. It has more of an auction idea to it, but it also has a “buy it now” option.

Sweatcoin has a different approach to making money. It is a newer app that converts your active steps throughout the day to money! It is a step counter and activity tracker that turns your activity to digital currency giving you a variety of options to spend it on.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us