This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

One thing we have in common is the fact that we want our hair to be healthy. No matter what length, color or texture we express ourselves with our hair every day. Having a full-time job or being a full-time student is very time-consuming. Therefore, we don’t always have time to take care of our hair correctly. It is also difficult to find organic ingredients to use in your beauty routine. Below are some of my personal favorite organic hair mask which promotes shine, hair growth, moisture and more. They are easy to make and you can leave it on while watching Netflix or doing homework!

Avocado

Your hair thinks avocados are delicious too!

Avocados aren’t just for your toast; it has plenty of benefits for your hair. It increases moisture and hair growth while making your hair shiner. Avocados combat dryness heals damages and revitalizes your scalp. Vitamin B and E in the avocado help protect your hair. Besides revitalizing your scalp, it can decrease dryness and heals damages. Below is a DIY hair mask recipe that can help heal damaged hair.

• ½ ripped avocadoes
  • 1 egg
  • 3 spoons of honey

Leave it in your hair for 15 – 20 minutes.

Honey

A queen B needs her Honey!

Honey doesn’t just make your drink sweeter, it sweetens all aspects of your life.

Yes! Honey can make your hair softer and lighter. It helps decrease frizz while moisturizing your hair. Your scalp will be healthier, your hair will be shiner, and your split ends will disappear! Below is a DIY hair mask recipe that can help heal damaged hair.

• Castor oil
  • 1 egg
  • honey
  • 1 banana

Eggs

They are egg-cellent for your hair growth!

Adding eggs to your hair mask help prevent hair loss while adding shine. It also makes your hair stronger and thicker. Below is a DIY hair mask recipe that can help heal damaged hair.

• 1 Egg
  • Honey
  • Olive oil

Leave it in your hair for 15 – 20 minutes. Coconut oil

Besides shining your skin coconut can also shine your hair!

If you want to get rid of dandruff in your hair, you should use coconut oil. You can use it as a leave-in conditioner and decrease frizzy hair. Coconut oil softens your hair while preventing hair loss and encouraging growth. Below is a DIY hair mask recipe that can help heal damaged hair.

• Coconut oil
  • Eggs
  • Avocado
  • Honey

Shea Butter

If it doesn’t help you glow or grow like Shea Butter let it go!

Shea butter is a perfect moisturizer for your hair and scalp. You can use it to help detangle your hair and prevent hair breakage. Shea Butter reduces scalp irritation it also contains vitamin A, E and K. Below is a DIY hair mask recipe that can help heal damaged hair.

• Shea butter
  • Coconut oil
  • Melt together

Instead of getting that huge chop you don’t want you can try one of these hair masks for satisfying results!

Just a girl sharing her thoughts.
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely