How to Survive That Dreadful 8 a.m.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

1. Fresh water to the face.

This is extremely useful for those of you who prefer to go bare face. Mid-class, take a restroom break and splash some cold water on your face to wake yourself up.

2. Snacks on some sweets.

A granola bar or some fruit gummies will keep your body active and the sugar will give you energy.

3. Drink cold/fruity water.

Just like throwing water on your face, taking a couple sips of some icy water will keep you awake. Adding slices of your fave fruit, will not only make it taste better, but look better too!

4. Note, doodle, planner.

This is not intended to distract you from class. Use it as something to multitask as you listen to your professor. Take notes in a new, cuter way: try writing super neat, use highlighters, or stickers. Anything that will make it fun to read later. I love writing down in my planner once my professor goes into last class’s review, since I already know what he’s talking about, and I don’t need to participate as much. I like to jot down due dates, daily plans, and sometimes quotes or short goals I’ve had in my head.

5. Moistening them hands.

This is for those lectures, when you’re not required to take down notes. I always carry hand lotion in my purse (just in case my skin gets dry). You can give yourself a massage with a nice scented lotion. I love Bath and Body works Japanese Cherry Blossom because it’s a classic, and it brings back memories.

And when all else fails… you can always rely on…

Welcome to college, meet your new best friend: Caffeine.

Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us