HC UT Summer Adventures

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Wondering what the UT Her Campus staff was up to this summer? Fret no more! 

Amalie Laigaard

This summer my boyfriend and I took a road trip up and down the East Coast!  We stopped at Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia. We also ventured around in Charleston, SC, Nashville, TN, New York City, NY and my home town in New Jersey just to name a few. This picture is of us during our hike around the breathtaking canyon.  

Jennifer McElroy

This summer I left my warm Florida home for a ten day trip/cruise on the West Coast. I started out in Seattle, Washington where I saw the Space Needle, Pike’s Place Market, and had a drink at the original Starbucks. Then I ventured around Alaska to Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. The last stop was Victoria, British Columbia. Never have I traveled so far in my life. The scenery was breath taking and the temperature was very cool. I even saw snow on mountaintops! (Remember, this is all exciting to a Florida native).  

Caity Berk

I went kayaking and snorkeling in Alaska this summer! I also worked at my old Girl Scout summer camp and hiked boulder field!

Samantha Chubbuck

This summer I got to do so many amazing things! Not only did I get to see 5 Seconds of Summer and Justin Bieber in concert, but I also got to play with my new dog, Pringles! My favorite part of my summer vacation though, was definitely getting to attend Her Campus’ annual Her Conference! A two day conference filled with HC girls from around the world and free goodies is all a girl could ask for! I got to hear from so many incredible speakers such as Andi Dorfman from the Bachelorette and Nastia Liukin, an Olympic Gymnast! 

Sam is Campus Correspondent for the University of Tampa! She is a communications major with a concentration in media studies and a minor in new media production. For someone who is barely five feet tall, Sam has big aspirations. She hopes to become the next Rachel Hollis or Miranda Priestly. If all else fails however, she’ll have an exciting future as Mrs. Justin Bieber! Sam talks non stop about her sorority, Pi Beta Phi and can easily be spotted on campus wearing her letters. She is an avid brunch goer and disney enthusiast. Buy her some cheesecake and you're guaranteed friends.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.