Five Setting Sprays to Help Beat the Heat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Nothing is worse than going out with a full face of makeup on in the morning and coming back in the afternoon to have it all dripped off your face! Especially in this humid Florida fall. We have to do everything we can to try to prolong that fresh face look as long as possible. Below are some of the best facial setting sprays to help keep you cool and keep your look on lock.

1.     e.l.f. Makeup mist and set – $3

This setting spray is totally budget friendly, while also still delivering a hold that can withstand a little bit of heat. While it doesn’t last all day through the hottest days, it manages to keep makeup together for a while. Sprays in a nice even mist with a hint of cucumber smell.

2.     NYX Professional Makeup Matte Setting Spray- $6

This spray, while also budget friendly, is the perfect spray for anyone looking for a tight hold with a matte finish. It helps in giving a long lasting look without a greasy or heavy weight feel.

3.     Kat Von D Lock It Makeup Setting Mist- $26

While jumping up in price a bit, this Setting spray has been rated as one of the best and keeps its promise of “[locking] in” your makeup to the fullest extent. With a soft mist and a guarantee of keeping your makeup set for up to 24 hours. You really can’t go wrong.

4.     Too Faced Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray- $32

Getting up into the higher end products, this spray also promises to deliver that ultimate matte look. Promises to be harsh of strong chemicals and deliver up to a 16 hour hold. This is definitely one to consider. Plus, it smells like peaches.

5.     Urban Decay Up All Night Setting Spray- $32

Also promising up to 16 hours of staying power, this high end product will work through that humidity to keep you looking gorgeous all day. Light weight and tested for all types of skin, this really is for anyone who wants to hold in their look!

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us