Five apps that will help you get through finals week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It’s almost that dreaded time of year again for us college students. Dare I say it? Finals week (cringe). Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about it. However, the one thing that we do have control over is how we handle it. Sure, spending hours (or days) studying at the library and cramming papers in isn’t fun, but why stress? 

Stressing out is not going to get you an A. Afterall, a healthy routine makes for a healthy mind. With technology all around us, it’s easy to get distracted from studying. However, I found that it is in fact possible to take breaks once in awhile and still ace your exams. Here are some apps I have used in the past that have helped me keep my cool during finals week. I’m confident they will help you, too!

1. Spotify

If you think you can get through finals week without music, think again. Spotify is going to be your best friend when studying. I find that it has the most variety of songs, which is why it’s my favorite music app. It even has multiple playlists specifically dedicated to studying.

2. Grubhub

Studying sure works up an appetite! And who doesn’t love food?; especially during finals week, when you need the energy to pull an all-nighter. This app allows you to search food places in your area that deliver. It’s perfect for when you’re having a study party. 

3. Tinder

Why not talk to cute boys on your break? If you’re bored (and single), there’s nothing like a bad pick up line to entertain you. Just don’t get too distracted ;) 

4. Guided Mind

Although yoga is the best thing for you when you’re stressed, most students don’t have time to take a yoga class during finals week. However, five minutes of meditation a day is all you need. This app offers various voice-guided meditations, ranging from 5 to 30+ minutes.   

5. Depop

I saved this app for last because it’s my favorite. Depop is similar to Ebay in which you can buy/sell second-hand items. There are tons of cute clothes on the app, as well (which you can purchase through PayPal). Find something that you really want and use it as motivation to work hard during finals week. Once you’ve finished all your exams, reward yourself by purchasing whatever it was you had your eye on.     

I'm a senior Journalism major and Communications minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in New Jersey, I naturally gravitated to the sunshine state. Career goal: magazine writer/editor. I'm the campus cutie/celeb editor for Her Campus at my school. Besides that, I'm obsessed with anything Disney and enjoy working out at the gym, going to yoga, shopping, watching movies and going out with friends, as well as long walks on the beach. Some of my guilty pleasures include anything peanut butter, pina coladas, the Lion King movie, Jacuzzis, and tattoos. Fun fact: I still can't swim.