This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Emily Crandall 

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Jupiter, Florida

Major: Public Health 

Age: 21

Instagram: emnmily95

Where did you spend your summer vacation? 

I spent my summer vacation in Costa Rica and also back home in Jupiter.

What did you do in Costa Rica?

I was learning about the health care system and working with senior citizens at a nursing home.

What did you like the most about Costa Rica?

I liked their people and how accepting and welcoming they were with me.

What do you like the most about coming back to Tampa? 

I love the fact that I get to see my friends again!

What is your hardest class right now? 

Chemistry for Health Care professionals. 

Are you thinking about doing a semester abroad? 

My major does not really allow me to do that, so I did the two week program to Costa Rica. In January, I will probably go to Nicaragua for one week with my class, and we will practice there what we have learned here at UT. 

If you had the opportunity to go abroad somewhere, where would you go? 

I would love to go to South Africa.

Are you involved somehow on campus? 

Yes, I am in the FOODs club, a UT Wellness organization. This club focuses on nutrition and health promotion.  

What is your favorite place to go out in Tampa?

Hyde Park Café. 

If you had to choose between working in the US and going somewhere else, what would you choose? 

I would travel somewhere else because I would like to experience new environments and cultures. I have a strong opinion that people in the U.S. don’t always appreciate what they have. I want to go somewhere in the world where people are friendlier and are enriched with their culture.  

Do you see yourself married soon or not at all? 

No, absolutely not. There are still a lot of accomplishments I have not completed yet. I want to travel and see the world because when I am married, I won´t be able to do that.

What is the most exciting thing you have ever done? 

I went skydiving with my boyfriend and he made it official right after we got to the ground. It was my first time jumping out of a plane and also my first time getting a boyfriend, so it was a great day.   

I`m a 21 year old college student majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. I love meeting new people and learning about other`s people experiences. My two biggest passions are creative writing and public speaking. I want to be able to express myself freely and share my thoughts with people!
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.