Best Meditation and Yoga Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

With midterms passing, we are finally coming up to the middle of the semester. Even though this may seem like a time when things are getting easier, we are all still hold a lot of stress that needs to be released.  Below are some free and easy- to-use apps to help relax and unwind.

Best meditation apps:

Calm

Calm is amazing because the second you open the app, you feel like you’re being dropped into a serene tropical island. Calm offers a lot of different short and long walk-through meditations, that fit into categories for whatever you’re looking for like sleep, stress, and daily calm.

Headspace

Headspace is super unique because it takes a very fun, modern approach to the idea of meditation. They have little animated buddies that help put you in a positive mindset and focus on walking you through daily meditations to keep you on track.

Best yoga apps:

Asana Rebel

Asana rebel is great for anyone that considers yoga to be too simple or too easy because it really pushes the boundaries between hard fitness and yoga. While you do have the option to pay for some things within the app, they offer a lot of free workout videos and walk through of quick yoga work outs.

Daily Yoga

Daily yoga is basically all you could ask for within a yoga app. They have videos and photos of poses and walk through practices that cater to each part of the body.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us