Style > Beauty

Beauty Product Review: Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.
Company: Younique

Cost: $29

I have finally found the one; and no, I’m not talking about a boy. With a mascara as miraculous and reliable as this one, who really needs a boyfriend anyway? I don’t know about you guys, but I love eyes. They are the first thing I notice on a person and I’ve been told they are my best feature. So, why not take advantage and flaunt what you have? After trying out Younique’s Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara and absolutely loving it, I just knew I had to share it with the rest of ya’ll. Before discovering this product, I use to think there was no such thing as the perfect mascara. My lashes are my babies. I like them super thick and long, which is why I sometimes wear false lashes; but they can be annoying to put on, and quite uncomfortable (am I right, ladies?). I can honestly say that this mascara makes it look as if you are wearing false lashes; only, they are real! Anyone who likes big lashes like I do will definitely appreciate this product.

What’s great about this product:
  • Lengthens and volumizes lashes
  • Doesn’t clump or flake
  • Doesn’t dry out quickly
What’s bad about this product:
  • It’s pretty expensive ($29.00)
Packaging:

Once you recieve the product in the mail (after ordering it online), you can see that it comes in a black case (it looks like a glasses case). When you open the case, you will see two things inside of it. One of them is the mascara and the other is the fibers. The fibers is what gives your lashes such volume and the formula in the mascara is what lengthens them.

How it works:

Put a coat of the mascara on your lashes, then brush the fibers onto them soon after (so the fibers can easily stick to the lashes). Then, seal in the fibers by putting on another coat of the mascara. After that, you can repeat these steps until you have your desired length. But really, you should be good with two applications. My lashes already look flawless by doing it twice, so I would say that I’m in love with this product. I reccommend this mascara to anyone and everyone. Seriously, you will never go back to regular mascara once you’ve tried it out; I know I won’t.
I'm a senior Journalism major and Communications minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in New Jersey, I naturally gravitated to the sunshine state. Career goal: magazine writer/editor. I'm the campus cutie/celeb editor for Her Campus at my school. Besides that, I'm obsessed with anything Disney and enjoy working out at the gym, going to yoga, shopping, watching movies and going out with friends, as well as long walks on the beach. Some of my guilty pleasures include anything peanut butter, pina coladas, the Lion King movie, Jacuzzis, and tattoos. Fun fact: I still can't swim.