8 UT Things I Should Really Be Paid For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

1.    Successfully stealing fruit and such from the Caf

I cannot begin to explain how many little things my suite and I have taken from the Caf. Everything under the sun from saltshakers to extra bananas has ended up in our room through sneaky antics. I pay enough in tuition, so it’s only fair!

2.    Keeping my eyes open in class

This one is self-explanatory because every UT student has had to do this a million times. Is it me or do class lectures get more and more boring as the years pass? Early senioritis maybe? 

3.    Dancing my butt of at Station

It seems like every Thursday and Saturday I wind up at station no matter where I planned to hang originally. Maybe it’s the atmosphere, or maybe it’s because we assume “well it’s close enough to campus so let’s just stop by.” Despite the sweaty bodies everywhere, you can’t stop me from jamming out in the middle of the dance floor. 

4.    Waiting seven hours in the post office line

This is the absolute biggest struggle at UT. I still haven’t picked up some packages because I cannot wait in the long lines any more. We need to find a bigger post office to accommodate for pick-up space or find some more help to assist with the long lines. I don’t know, man, but we need change.

5.    Not drop kicking rude freshman 

I’m sure I was an annoying freshman at some point, but I still swear they’re worse than ever. I can’t explain how many conversations I’ve heard between freshmen, and I can’t explain how many times I’ve cringed listening. 

6.    Somehow staying quiet enough on Saturday nights to not attract RA’s

Okay so maybe my suite did have one noise complaint already, but that was from us dancing around during Hurricane Hermine screaming “It’s Raining Men.” Somehow on nights we’re actually up to no good, we’ve slid by with no RA visits, and I’m pretty proud. 

7.    Walking 3 miles to a house party

I did this once with a giant five-foot stick in my hand, and it was quite the feat. For some reason, all UT students decide to have parties so far from campus, and why pay for an Uber when “it’s only a 30 minute walk.” Not to mention wanting to walk to McDonalds afterwards…

8.    Keeping Jimmy Johns and Daily Eats in business

Every semester my friends and I say were going to stop eating out as much, but honestly when someone even mentions Jimmy Johns or Daily Eats you suddenly can’t get it off of your mind. Now I’m hungry again… Fried chicken ranch bowl here I come! 

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.