8 Must Have Travel Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

With the holidays quickly approaching, many students will be traveling home. This got me thinking about my favorite things to travel with when I fly and go on long road trips. I have compiled a list of my favorite items that you must have when you are traveling home for Thanksgiving and winter break: 

1. Lip balm- The air is constantly recycled on airplanes, drying out your skin and lips. I always keep a moisturizer and lip balm with me to stay hydrated. And of course, drink plenty of water!

2. Neck Pillow- I don’t enjoy flying alone and having to sit by random strangers. This means I can’t lean my head on anyone to fall asleep. A neck pillow supports your head and neck and is extremely comfortable. Great for long car rides too!

3. Sweatshirt- When you travel, you should always travel in layers. I make sure to bring a sweater or sweatshirt with me in case I get cold. And if you get hot, you can take it off! 

4. Fruit Snacks- We all get hungry when we travel. I love to have fruit snacks with me because they are healthier than chips or cookies and aren’t messy. Yum!

5. Headphones- I don’t enjoy hearing screaming babies on the airplane, so headphones are a necessity. Beats headphones block out all outside noise and come in cute colors!

6. Hair ties and Bobby pins- A must have if you have long hair. I hate when my hair gets in my face, so I can just throw it up in a ponytail and not worry about how it looks. 

7. Hand Sanitizer- I don’t go anywhere without hand sanitizer. When you travel you don’t know what kind of germs you are coming into contact with (hello, gross airplane bathrooms). Bath and Body works makes cute, travel size sanitizers in a variety of scents. 

8. Phone Charger- Let’s face it; we can’t live without our phones. When our batteries go dead, we feel lost. There are tons of products out there that allow you to charge your devices on the go. The Mophie phone case starts charging your phone with the push of a button! 

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9