7 Couples Costumes that Your Friends Won’t Make Fun of You For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

If you want to dress up with your significant other this year and don’t wanna be “that couple” at the party, this is the list for you! Here’s my take on some costumes that will leave your friends laughing instead of cringing.

1. Rick & Morty

If inter dimensional travel is your thing, this is the costume for you and bae! This is the perfect costume for couples who like pushing each other’s buttons from time to time. And even though you may get on each other’s nerves sometimes, every episode ends with a lot of love!

2. Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are the silly pair who have been fighting crime from their youth and stayed together through all the rough times. This is perfect for couples who can tackle anything together and know the other one will be there for them until the end of time (or the end of Spongebob).

3. Spongebob & Patrick

Moving onto the leading roles, the legendary duo, everyone’s favorite pair, Spongebob and Patrick! These two are close beyond words, are always down for crazy adventures, and are always there for each other. They fight at times, but it’s so rare. They are truly best friends and inseparable.

4. Joker & Harley Quinn

If you and your bf/gf are crazy for each other Harley Quinn and the Joker may be fitting. They’re kind of messed up and have a semi-twisted history, but this doesn’t cancel out the fact that they’re madly in love with each other.

5. Mike & Eleven

Mike and Eleven have a relationship that’s all about protection. They would both go to the ends of the earth for each other and do whatever it takes to keep the other one safe. They both know the meaning of a promise and how to show the other one that they care. They both knew they had a connection, but they waited until it was the right time to give things a go.

6. Jack & Sally

Jack and Sally’s moonlit scene really showed how they were “simply meant to be” in the Nightmare Before Christmas. This would be an awesome costume idea for couples who love and embrace the spooky side of Halloween. Jack is a dreamer and Sally is more sensible so they really work together. If it’s plain to see that you and your BOO are meant to be, this is the costume for you.

7. Kim and Kanye

If you and your lover are all about the lavish life and live for the Kimye saga, how could you not recreate one of their iconic looks? This super-famous power couple is always proud to show the other one off. You might think that Kim and Kanye get caught up in their crazy extravagant lives, but others around them say they’re full of ease and peace. If you and your soulmate never get caught up in daily life and bring each other back down to earth, maybe you should consider being this famous couple for Halloween.

Just trying to figure things out like everyone else