5 Random Acts of Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Between class, work and resume building, it can be hard to find time to give back to the community. However, brightening someone’s day does not always require a grand gesture. Here are five random acts of kindness experienced by students at UT:

1. “Just a few months ago the credit card machine at my work stopped working, and I bought a police officer’s breakfast because of it.” – Heather, Freshman

2. “I was in line to buy a sandwich one morning, and someone behind me bought it for me.” – Aneesa, Sophomore

3. “One day I was walking down the street, and a stranger said I had a beautiful smile. It made my day.” – anonymous

4. “My friend used to work at a fast food restaurant and would give out free sundaes to people in the drive thru.” – Victoria, Freshman

5. “When my car wouldn’t start, a complete stranger helped me get it going.” – anonymous

So, while these experiences may not have changed anyone’s lives, it is something these people will never forget.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

My name is Leann Petschonek, and I am a Junior here at the University of Tampa studying Biology. I was originally born in Michigan, but moved to Florida when I was five, and loved the Sunshine State ever since (even though I am, Ironically, very VERY pale). I tend to be introverted in person, but I have a large voice on paper. You can usually find me reading a book- or glaring at one as I study, taking some pictures, or watching more television then I probably should.