14 Signs You’re a Journalism Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Being a journalism major in college is great! We’re always learning something new and interesting every day, so it never gets boring. And when finals week comes along, we’re not slaving away at the library, studying for hours on end. Instead, we get to sit in the comfort of our own bed, typing up a final paper or article(which is fun to us). But of course, every major has it’s flaws, as well. Here are the signs that prove you’re a journalism major.  

1. You’re a grammar nazi

2. You thrive on deadlines

3. Social media is your best friend

4. Math is not your strong suit

5. You’re the first one to know what’s going on at your college

6. You read the newspaper and/or magazines for fun

7.  You wish you could be Carrie Bradshaw

8. Coffee is your life

9. You hate when people tell you, “journalism is dead”(which isn’t true, by the way)

10. You sometimes get emotional when someone compliments you on your article

11. You’re friends/aquaintances with the people you’ve interviewed on campus

12. You hate transcribing interviews

13.  But not as much as you hate people who give you short or generic answers

14. You brag about your major because you love it and couldn’t see yourself doing anything else

I'm a senior Journalism major and Communications minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in New Jersey, I naturally gravitated to the sunshine state. Career goal: magazine writer/editor. I'm the campus cutie/celeb editor for Her Campus at my school. Besides that, I'm obsessed with anything Disney and enjoy working out at the gym, going to yoga, shopping, watching movies and going out with friends, as well as long walks on the beach. Some of my guilty pleasures include anything peanut butter, pina coladas, the Lion King movie, Jacuzzis, and tattoos. Fun fact: I still can't swim.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.