element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Hey, Do You Got A Boyfriend?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

“Hey, you got a boyfriend?”

Yes, actually I do. This is something that I say only part of the time and no it is not because I am trying to get away from the guy who is way too close to me in the club, it is actually the complete opposite. The man who always ask me if I am taken is the man that has me cuffed, my boyfriend.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a 1 year now and as many boyfriends say cliche things like “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” mine says “Hey, do you got a boyfriend?”. To many people they wonder why he always questions us but it’s not like that. I love my crazy man who is full of spontaneous ideas and never ending laughter. He still makes me smile until it hurts and laugh until I pee so there’s no question he is mine. When he says “Hey, do you got a boyfriend?” he does it as a way to say I love you. His deep voice or soft whisper says it in a tone that creates a club atmosphere where the guy is trying so hard to pick you up. We all the know the guy that offered to buy drinks, just wants one dance, and has never seen anyone as fine as you well that’s my man; to me. Every time he asks, his face lights up as he eyes me up and down with amazement like he has never seen a diamond so bright. My boyfriend means the questions as a compliment, hoping he gets chance to take me out when he knows he is the only one with one.

I will be shopping in Target, shoving chicken nuggets in my face, or trying to play one of his video games and he will slide over and say “Hey, you got a boyfriend?”. For those in Target they turn around and stare in shock for how bold this man to ask that right here. Others laugh along with me as I go yes, actually I do, it’s you babe.

Next time you see your significant other instead of saying I love you ask, “Hey, do you got a boyfriend/girlfriend?” Asking this question will not only make them laugh but remind them that you are still deeply in love with them. You still find them so attractive you cannot help but check them out in the candy aisle, smile when you see their mouth full of food, and want to take them home every night. I love “I love you’s” but I absolutely love “Hey, do you got a boyfriend?” because it shows that I truly do have the best one out there.

HCxoxo,

Hannah

Hannah is a junior at USFSP majoring in criminology with a passion for law, life, and writing.