Campus Cutie: Raissa Reis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Sorry everybody! This week’s campus cutie is off the market and it’s too bad because she is such an intelligent, funny and beautiful person! Keep reading to find out more about Raissa Reis, her plans for the future and how she found love on Tinder.

Hometown: Framingham, MA

Year: Sophomore

Major: English | Media Studies minor

Relationship Status: Taken

What activities are you involved in at USF?

At USF, I’m activities chairwoman for Delta Zeta, I’m VP of Recruitment Development for Panhellenic Council and I’m a GO team team leader!

Whats your favorite college memory?

My favorite college memory is definitely just like…all of freshman year and living in the dorms. I made a lot of my best friends in there and it was just a blast always being with my buddies!

What’s your favorite thing to do in the city?

My favorite thing to do in the city is going to new places to eat! SF is loaded with so many good restaurants and coffee shops and it’s always nice trying them all out. So far, Ike’s has been the best place.

Have you ever been on a Tinder Date?

I have! I’m actually currently dating my first and only tinder date. We’ve been together for a year and she’s amazing..

What do you look for in a significant other?

I look for someone who really vibes with my sense of humor and who is patient and kind and understanding. I also really like when people are super passionate and down to get into a passionate discussion every now and then. I want someone who will challenge me and also support me. Ya know, all that good stuff.

Do you have any tips on how to make long-distance work?

The biggest tip I think is to just be patient and trust that the universe is working in your favor. If you’re in a good, healthy relationship – just be patient with your partner’s adjustments and with your own. Know what your needs are and do your best to adjust. And of course, trust is super important. It’s easy to make yourself crazy and feel insecure when you can’t physically be with your significant other, so trusting them wholeheartedly and knowing that it’ll work out. Positivity is also super important. You have to be positive, because being apart is tough.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I would like to be living somewhere warm and I’d like to have a family. Career wise, I hope I’m successfully writing. I don’t care what exactly I’m writing for – a magazine, newspaper, TV show, or my own books. I just want to be writing. And I want to be happy and established.

Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.