Style > Beauty

Products That Will Help You Be Your Best Self During This Crazy Trimester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

This semester is definitely going to be crazy. First off, it’s a trimester. That means everything is basically for tomorrow, but trust us, these products will keep you looking fresh AF. From your hair to your skin, it’s important to take care of yourself.

1. Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow

“This eyeshadow comes in a large variety of colors. I chose Almay’s purple shadow quad, and it has a variety of textures such as matte, satin, monochromatic and glitter. The purple quad really needs to be built up in order to get the desired intensity, and it also does have a bit of fall out. However, the colors are very flattering, and it can be perfect for either a day or night look with the least amount of effort for on-the-go!”

– Josie

​​

“This eyeshadow is super versatile and has a creamy texture that goes on smoothly. It’s buildable and easy to use so it can help you create simple day looks to bold monochromatic looks. Plus the packaging is super cute and perfect for traveling.”

– Thalia

“I chose the Never Settle (120) palette. This eyeshadow is a nude like colour; even though it doesn’t leave a lot of pigment it’s great for a natural look. If you want it to be more noticeable then you should put on several layers of the eyeshadow. The eyeshadow is very pretty and glittery.”

– Arhiadne

“I chose Almay’s Unapologetic palette: a combination of matte and glitzy rose hues. My favorite of the 4, is the deepest, shimmering shade. Upon first application, the colors complimented my skin; however, the intensity fades throughout the day. It requires a least a touch-up for an all day look. All and all, the pink was a nice pop color to add to my outfit today.”

– Cameron

2. Bedhead by TIGI Superstar Queen for A Day Thickening Spray

“Sometimes, the weather doesn’t help with the humongous hair frizz we all have to deal with in very humid days at our little island. My hair stands up in so many different places in the mornings and I couldn’t find what to do with my curly wavy hair to make it stay in place. I tried the Bedhead Thickening Spray and rapidly put my hair into place and gave my curls some shine and volume, which was awesome because I didn’t have to worry about taming my hair every now and then! Definitely recommend it! ”

– Aimar

“My hair is already SUPER thick but in the morning rush, it actually works! When I wake up, I have all of my baby hair floating and all over the place. That’s why when I’m 15 minutes late, I just spray it on the top and everything magically goes into place. Plus, it accentuates my curls, so it’s a win-win situation. I highly recommend this product, you will slay without even trying!

– Gabriella Belmar

“I have curly hair for days and frizz is a real problem for me especially since humidity is a real and horrible thing in this tropical paradise that is Puerto Rico. I tested Bed Head Thickening Spray and it worked wonders for my hair. Not only did it tame the frizz but it also gave it a volume that made my hair go from tumbleweed to a gorgeous rose bush of curls. I recommend it for girls who need an extra dose of volume and thickness in their day to day hair experience or for girls with really curly hair.”

– Maria Celeste

3. Buxom Va-Va-PLUMP Liquid Lipstick

“I am a fan of lipstick that lasts all day, it just makes things easier and it makes you look put together. Especially when you are a  college student. The Buxom skinny liquid lipstick in the color Va-Va Plum pleasantly surprised me by surviving an entire day of college; including lunch and daily doses of caffeine. It was very pigmented and it didn’t make my lips feel really dry like some liquid lipsticks do. Another thing worth noting is that the brand is cruelty-free and as someone who uses only cruelty-free makeup, it gives this product a big plus. I highly recommend the Buxom liquid lipsticks.”

– Aisha

“I had never tried a plumping lipstick before, but Buxom’s liquid formula proved to be a great first experience. The applicator is nice, soft, and glides over your lips smoothly. The pink-ish, burgundy shade Va Va Plum has very bright and vivid pigmentation; just one swipe of the product is enough to make you feel, and look great! The best part: it lasts all day! I was surprised to see that, even though it transferred, the color stayed on and remained as vibrant as ever.”

– Luna

“Liquid lipsticks have never sat well with me because of how drying they can be. What I loved about the Buxom liquid lip was how it felt really light and it has when applied. The Va Va Plump shade was a good change from my go to soft pinks. The bright color is really nice if you are looking for something a little more adventurous!”

-Frances

4. Krazy Glue Singles

“Krazy Glue Singles are those tiny lifesavers you need in your bag ASAP. From helping you seal your book covers to glueing your heel on your way to class, Krazy Glue singles are a must-have for this crazy trimester”

– Lizbeth

“I love these. They’re small so they’re perfect to carry around in your bag or backpack. If you’re clumsy like me, you’re constantly breaking things or running into mishaps. Just take them out, open, and fix your mistake!”

– Luna

5. Bedhead by TIGI Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray

“I have fine curls and they tend to frizz easily with humidity. I do not use hair sprays, but I tested this product for a week and it surprised me! I would condition my hair before applying a detangle leave in conditioner and come out knots. I would spray on my hand some of the anti frizz spray and apply it through my hair before air-drying it. I highly recommend it!”

– Ana Teresa

“Want hair that can withstand this pesky humidity? The Bed Head Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray is the key. Get curls that last from those sluggish morning classes to late night study sessions. What’s more, this spray works on dry and wet hair, so even if you’re running late or simply didn’t feel like drying your hair all the way, it’s got you. On days like these, with such unreliable weather, what more could you ask for? ”

– Andrea

6. Alba Botanics Hawaiian Sunscreen

“This sunscreen is the perfect companion for University. Is easy to apply, and you don’t have to rub a thousand times to get the white stain out of your skin. The sunscreen is also soft to the touch and a friend to my combination skin. It has a great smell, is 100% vegan, and the sun protector factor (45) is perfect for both every day and outdoor activities!”

– Deyaneira

“This sunscreen will protect you from the harsh sun rays while keeping you soft all day. It’s nice and delicate green tea scent will transport you into relaxation. To top it all off is biodegradable and free of oxybenzone, octinoxate or animal testing! Be sure to give it a try.”

– Ariana

“What I like best about this sunscreen is the fact it doesn’t have a strong weird smell like the normal beach ones. It’s made with Green Te which is super good for your skin! One of the things I like best about this product is the fact it’s easy to carry, it isn’t tested in animals and it feels great and smooth on your face.”

– Joannie

7. L’Or’eal Sublime Bronze

“If you’re like me and your complexion makes you look like you’re a shut in who’s never seen the sun and you wanna change that, these tanning towels are just the thing. Give yourself a healthy sun-kissed glow, without the sun. Everyone will think you’ve spent the weekend out and about with friends instead of holed up the library or buried under your sheets bingewatching The Golden Girls.”

– Elisa

“This is the perfect product for those that have to stay at home during vacation, but still want to go back to classes looking tan. It’s comes as a small towel, like a baby wipe, and it’s as easy as wiping it on your body and going on about your day. Everyone will think you were at the beach all vacation!”

– Paula

These products have helped save our lives. Tell us what you think via Twitter! ​​

Antoinette Luna is a Performance Studies and Comparative Literature major at the UPR. Her passions include writing, reading, and anything crafty. She loves to sew, write, and make things from scratch. DIY is the name of her game. Around campus, she is known as a bubbly young woman who goes by just Luna. Her future goals include traveling, traveling, and more traveling. Outspoken transfeminist, and wannabe activist, she's out to set fires.