Things To Always Have On You On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Since coming to college, I have learned how important it is to constantly have important things with you at all times. Whether you are late to class, heading to the library or going on a spontaneous outing with your friends, it is important to have certain items at your disposal at all times. Enjoy!

1. Your phone. This isn’t because you “can’t live without your phone,” but because it truly is your best tool. It acts as a calculator, a gps, a way to communicate and also allows you access to the internet no matter where you are.
  2. Money. You never know when you will need it, so it is best to have at least a little bit with you in case of emergency.
  3. Insurance card. Same as the previous one, you never know when you will need this. Especially if you are accident prone, like me. 
  4. Chapstick. Especially in the winter months, this is a must-have.
  5. ID. In college, your school ID is your key to everywhere. If you want to get in the cafeteria, a building, the library, etc., you’ll need this. And try not to lose it, because at most schools you have to pay for a replacement. 
  6. Chargers. In case your phone or your laptop dies, this will save your life. I keep an extra charger for each in my backpack at all times.
  7. A snack. If you have classes all day without breaks, or are studying in the library for  couple of hours straight, this will also save your life.
  8. Highlighters. Not everyone uses these, but I personally think they are essential to studying. Highlight important facts, or things that are due in your planner. It’ll help a lot, I promise.  
  9. A planner. If you are a procrastinator like I am, then this is so, so important. Try and write down you assignments a couple days before they are due, so you are always on time. Or, better yet, do the assignments as soon as they are given to you to avoid procrastination entirely.
  10. Pens/pencils. These are important not only for note taking and homework, but also because you never know when you will need to use them while on campus. In the mail room, at meetings, signing things. Don’t be the person that never has one on them.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.