College Bucket List: UNT Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

If you are anything like me, you are a total homebody that would much prefer to stay at home then attend a big event. That being said, I also love new experiences and being involved. My mission for my last few semesters of college are to fit as many adventures in as possible. After all, college is supposed to be the best years of our life, right? Here are 15 rights of passage here on UNT’s campus that are must’s before you graduate!

1. Attend a UPC event- Whether this be their carnival, a ceramics class or my personal favorite, karaoke, this is a fun way to get involved in the school with free events. If you really  like these events, you can even apply to join their team!
  2. Join an organization- This is the best way to get involved on campus and make friends. You can join a sorority, a poetry group, the chess club and everything in between. Personally, I think everyone should join Her Campus, but maybe I’m biased.
  3. Pull an all-nighter at Club Willis- Though this isn’t one of the most desireable choice on this list, it is something that everyone will have to go through at one point. 
  4. Go to Fry Street- As soon as you turn 21, grab your friends and finally see what all the hype is about. 
  5. Take a class in a subject you enjoy but have never studied- Who knows, maybe you just found your perfect minor?
  6. Take a picture with Scrappy- Did you even go to UNT if you didn’t take a picture with our favorite mascot?
  7. While you’re at it, take one with Spider-Man too- Though the original Spidey graduated in the spring, you can sometimes find his replacement roaming around campus.
  8. Go to an open mic night- UNT is filled with some of the most talented people I have ever met. Between singers, dancers, comedians and poets, Open Mic Nights never disappoint. Plus, if you are talented, you can join in on the fun!
  9. Attend a football game- Even if it isn’t you typical scene, college football holds a special place in the heart of all Texans. Come out, sit in the student section and cheer on our boys as they finish out the season!
  10. Or really any sports team- This isn’t limited to just football. UNT has an array of sports teams, including volleyball, soccer and basketball. The best part is that student’s get in for free!
  11. Go to the homecoming bonfire- It is a lot of fun, and a tradition that only comes around once a year.
  12. Watch the homecoming parade- Same as the last one, but you can also participate in the parade if you join an organization that participates!
  13. Watch the Green Brigade perform- The band is so talented, and whether you are watching them at the football game, or at an event on campus, it’s fun to watch them preform songs that they’ve worked so hard on. 
  14. Learn the fight song- It makes football games just that much more fun. 
  15. Participate in Friday Pride Day- You can do this by wearing green on campus on Friday’s! Support the Mean Green and show some eagle pride!

Overall, there is so much to do on UNT’s campus, and there is almost always some type of event going on. What other events do you think should be on our bucket list? 

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.