7 Must-See Rom-Com’s on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Valentine’s day is coming up, and you know what that means! ROM COM SEASON! Here are my top picks for binge watching on Netflix. 

1. P.S. I Love You- This movie portrays a young woman coping with the death of her husband. Suddenly, she starts getting letters from him, despite him being gone. A beautiful portrayal on how true love never really dies. 
  2. 6 Years- This movie is all about a young couple in a long-term relationship. If you relate, or want to relate, or even just love American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga, this is a beautiful story about growing up with your significant other by your side.
  3. Charlie St Cloud- Fan of Zac Efron, and not afraid of a tear-jerker? This one is for you. You are so very welcome.
  4. A Cinderella Story- Anybody that is an OG knows this movie. Hillary Duff portrays a modern day Cinderella fighting against her stepmom and stepsisters. If you want, there are also sequels, but none are as good as the original in my opinion. 
  5. The Kissing Booth- A Netflix original based on the best-selling book, The Kissing Booth is about a young girl falling in love with her best friend’s brother. Scandalous, right? 
  6. To All the Boys I Loved Before- Another Netflix original based off of the best-selling book series. Lara Jean Covey starts a fake realtionship with Peter in order to throw off her sister’s ex, who she has feelings for. Talk about a love triangle at its finest. P.S.- The sequel is underway!  
  7. Love Actually- With the pressure of being one the best love stories of the last twenty years, I highly recommend this one. It is nine stories intertwined into one, and each one is just as good (and complicated) as the next. It’s not a true classic, but it should be. 10/10 recommend.

I know that I will probably opt out on the rom-com this year, with How To Get Away With Murder in its place, but I’ve watched and love all these movies. Hopefully at least one sparks your interest, and you have an amazing Valentine’s day whether you have a date our not!

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.