Ways to Have Fun for Cheap on Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We all have that ideal spring break trip but, being college students, we don’t have much money to splurge on our dream destination. Plus, it can get super annoying hearing about other’s upcoming adventures when you don’t have anything fun planned yourself. Who said you can’t still have fun, though? With some creativity and exploration, all of us can have a memorable spring break for cheap.

1.       Road Trip with Your Friends

Gas prices are super low right now and your friends are only a phone call away. Why not call them up and invite them all together for a road trip to your ideal spot? With all of your friends chipping in for gas, the drive wouldn’t be expensive at all. Trekking it to a fun spot all together is a good way to get out of town.

2.       Hiking

Being in New England, we have many scenic routes to climb for adventure. Some of the best are Acadia National Park or Baxter State Park in Maine, White Mountain National Forest or Franconia here in New Hampshire, and the Green Mountain National Forest or Stowe in Vermont. Gathering up some friends and exploring the trails outdoors is a great way to escape.

3.       Museums and Art Gallery’s

Day trips to local Museums and Art Galleries are a great way to explore more of what you normally wouldn’t. Many museums and gallery’s offer admission for cheap or even for free. Here, you can learn so much while having fun and paying so little.

4.       Throw a Food Party

Invite all of your friends over for a fun get together! Here’s the catch, they all have to bring over at least one food item in order to come. That way, you and all your friends can spend the party digging into various types of deliciousness!

5.       Go to an Open Mic Night

Search for some local coffee shops, cafes, or bars that host open mic nights. Usually, many people will go there to perform music, poetry, or comedy. Gather up your friends and get some easy entertainment for the night!

6.       Have Your Own Spa Day

Many therapeutic, refreshing, and cleansing spa treatments can be made right from your kitchen! With easy ingredients lying around the house, you and your girlfriends can spoil your beauty for cheap! Glamour Magazine online holds some ideas and ingredients to help.

7.       Have a Camp Fire

Get your friends together and host a fire night! You can make s’mores and other fun snacks while you all enjoy the warmth and comfort in the outdoors.

8.       DIY Project

Spend the day making a cheap DIY project. Pinterest has lots of great ideas where you can then visit your local craft store and make a decorative piece for your dorm, home, or for your friend!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!