TV Shows We Wish Would Come Back on the Air

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I’m almost 100% positive I wasn’t the only one who jumped and squealed (yes, squealed) with excitment when news broke that Boy Meets World was getting a spinoff. As a symbol of our childhoods, I can’t wait for Cory and Topanga’s story to continue with Girl Meets World, which will follow Cory and Topanga’s daughter’s life. So, in celebration of reminiscing on the simpler days, I bring to you five TV shows we wish were still on the air!

1. Friends

Watching the reruns never gets old but I’m not ready to accept that it’s over. There have been on and off rumors that a reunion was being planned and we would LOVE to see the cast all back together just one last time. Quit playing games with the rumors, it’s too much to take!

2. The Hills

LC got her own show after Laguna Beach and we are so glad she did! The drama was better and so was the cast. The man too awesome for just one name; Justin Bobby, the neverending trainwreck we dubbed Speidi and LC’s new coworker at Teen Vogue, Whitney Port, all brought a unique flair to reality TV. Everyone went their own way after the series ended and dispite comments that the drama that happened was highly influenced by the directors (uh, duh!), that doesn’t stop me from watching marathon after marathon on MTV.

3. Sex and the City

Every girl’s favorite show. JSP brought to life Carrie Bradshaw who lets admit, actually gave us some really good advice for life and taught us lessons for situations we will all be in sooner or later. Carrie and her three fabulous friends took New York City by storm and let us in to their lives where they faced problems that anyone who watched, could relate to in some way.

4. Gossip Girl 

“Gossip Girl here, something tells me you miss me a lot.” Yes we do! Living the lives we all wish we had, from the best looking eye candy to designer clothes, the Upper East siders had it all. Although in the series finale, the characters’ lives were ended in a well planned way, I would love to see the kind of schemes Blair and Chuck have up their sleeves as they take on the rich and famous.

5. One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill quickly captivated us and their attractive cast certainly didn’t hurt either! We haven’t seen them too much after the show ended but we haven’t forgotten! We watched the charactrs grow over nine seasons from students in high school to being parents, to getting big girl and boy jobs and I’m still not ready to say goodbye to them. OTH had a huge fan following and there are so many other people out there, like myself, that would love to see our favorite TV show continue on.

UNH Her Campus writer
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!