So You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Being single on the one day of the year that is entirely focused on expressing your love can be anxiety-ridden and down right depressing. Don’t think of it that way anymore! Being in a relationship on Valentine’s Day can be fun and exciting, but so can being single!

1.  Treat yourself! You’ve been working hard all year long! Managing classes with your job and keeping a social life on top of all that is a lot to take on! Let today be the day you tell yourself that you deserve those pairs of shoes you’ve had your eye on. Buy yourself your favorite flowers to brighten up your room, and pick out your favorite chocolates too! Just because someone else doesn’t buy them for you, doesn’t make them any less delicious!

2.  Don’t want to spend the money? That’s okay, because this is the perfect time to finish a project – or start one! Want to reorganize your room to fit with your new and improved self? Go for it! Trying to secure your dream internship? Edit your resume and application so it stands out from all the rest! Start a new hobbie you’ve been dying to try! There’s nothing better than starting to fall in love with something that makes you happy, that isn’t a person ;) .

3.  Grab your single ladies and plan a day for yourselves! Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romantic relationships, but also about showing your appreciation for the friends you love too! Make reservations at your favorite restaurant, take the day to go on an adventure, or stay in and binge watch Netflix together. No matter how old you get, girls nights are never out of style!

4.  Pay it forward. If there’s anything that can brighten anyone’s day, it’s being on the receiving end of a nice gesture. Instead of taking the time to get ready for your special night, you can spend it helping someone out! Whether it’s something small like buying the person behind you his or her coffee, or bigger like shoveling someone’s car out of the snow (don’t you just love these New England winters?), paying it forward is inspiring and will lead to them doing an act of kindness for someone else! Just think about all the happiness you’ve started to spread!

From one single lady to another, have no fear! Cupid didn’t forget about you, he just knows you have enough love in your life right now <3

UNH Her Campus writer
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!