The season of RED has arrived: The do’s and dont’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

By: Leah Wesolaski

The season of red has arrived and, if you know me at all, that means red lipstick will be plastered to my face straight through the new year. Christmas Bells are ringing just in time for my return to the States and I could not be more pleased. Expect to find me wandering around Durham looking slightly off balance with the American trends. My inner European is in full bloom and my sources tell me it is almost impossible to shut off. 

Now back to the task at hand: Red. What are your favorite red accessories? It’s a bold color that many tend to think they cannot pull off. My opinion, as usual, is that you are simply not being daring enough. In the spirit of Christmas here are a few red tricks that never seem to fail me:

1. Small bold doses of red with a mix of neutral colors. For example, as shown in the picture, a dazzling “Kourtney Kardashian” red lip (as I like to call it) mixed with black stretchies and a neutral parka. The leopard studded shoes are my own personal touch (Zara, $100). 

2. A simple red dress with a pair of your favorite heels. (A few of my favorites can be found here:   http://www.nastygal.com/clothe… )

3. For a more cozy look, a red cableknit sweater. The bulkier the better. My favorite spots for old sweaters are local vintage shops or even your neighborhood Salvation Army. Just 4 months ago I found myself holding a vintage Christian Dior for 8 dollars. A quick trip to the dry cleaners and my closets caliber had increased dramatically. The imporant thing is to search and not let the perception of the store bug you. 

This time of the year it is important to wear whatever brings out your most festive. Whether it’s an ugly sweater, a pair of red skinny jeans, or a vintage Ferragamo lace gown, the holidays are about bringing out your own personal style. And as the brilliant Bill Blass once said, “When in doubt, wear red.”

For more articles visit www.wildfreecouture.blogspot.com  or   www.wildfreecouture.tumblr.com

Any LOOKBOOK users out there? Dont forget to fan and hype WILDFREECOUTURE.   xo 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!