Deck The Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Tis the season! Its finally that time of year to dec the halls for Christmas and by halls I mean your dorm room. Make your room merrier this year by adding a few Christmas touches. Here are a few ideas to bring the Christmas spirit into your dorm room this season.

1. Christmas tree 

A tree is always a must! You can keep it classic with a small (artificial) tree or get creative with a blue, pink, or white tree.

2. Christmas lights

Most people have Christmas lights in their dorm year round, but if you don’t make sure to get some!

3. Door Wrapping

Let everyone pass by and see you are truly ready for Christmas by decorating your door like present! 

4. Stockings

Hang your stockings with care that has you and your roommates names on it! 

5. Santa hats

Its not Christmas without Santa! Make sure to have a Santa hat or something that relates to him in some way. 

6. Snowflakes

Decorate your room Elf-style with paper snowflakes throughout the dorm

7. Wine Decor

Use wine bottles to bring Chrsitmas joy to the room!

8. Christmas Scent

Candles aren’t allowed in dorms but you can still make it smell like Christmas with same air freshners!

9. Mistletoe 

Mistletoe is just a must for the holidays 

Well there you go! Now that you know the essentials for a holiday themed dorm, get decorating- the Christmas season doesnt last forever even though we wish it did! 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!