jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Fill Your Old Notebooks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

After every semester I find myself obtaining countless half-filled journals and notebooks. I used to contemplate throwing them away until I realized how useful they could be. So, throw out your old pages of equations that have no significance anymore and replace them with new and creative ideas.

1. Mood Board Journal. This is one of my favorites. It is like Pinterest on paper. Here would be your creative and visual representation of your different feelings and thoughts. There are multiple ways you could make this work. You could paste clippings from magazines or newspapers, or sketch your own ideas. It is all about what aesthetic you are trying to capture. These illustrations have unlimited possibilities. They could help you with many future projects, including designing your bedroom or creating a new style.

2. Dreams and Goals Journal. This journal would focus on all you are trying to achieve in your life. These could be anything from short-term to long-term or realistic to imaginative. Mapping out your ambitions allows for you to fully understand them and master how to get there. It is also beneficial to have them written out so you can stay on top of your aspirations and keep track of them.

3. Gratitude Journal. Gratitude journals are incredibly useful for manifesting everything you want out of life. If you are grateful for what you have at this moment, you will obtain other things you want out of life. Writing down these thoughts allows you to realize everything you might have taken for granted in the past. Believe it or not, it creates a positive impact on your happiness. 

4. Freewriting Journal. Freewriting allows one to write down all of their thoughts and emotions without keeping anything inside. This is the most common form of a journal, but also one of the most helpful. Writing down your thoughts without judgment from the world is one of the most therapeutic devices. It helps overcome anger, sadness, and more burdening emotions.  

[Photos Courtesy of ianduncanbooks.com and Pinterest]